BMM – April 2016

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – April 13, 2016 – J Greene’s – Tim Roethler

 

 

Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Jim Buford

Kolby Armbruster

Dan  Randant

Paul Hurst – (A)

 

Tim Roethler

Khris Rickman

Rob Kick

Jimmy Bucher

Tim Doll – Website

Ed Eschbacher

Greg Parkinson (A)

Justen Patterson (A)

Tim Schwierjohn

Chuck Gast – DO

 

 

Presidents Report [Mike Null]

Events scheduled for May include Equip Tech May 3rd, MV/SI Joint meeting May 23rd.

Assistant’s meeting schedule for April 28th will need to be rescheduled due to conflict with District Challenge. Mike asked we review local golf event calendar when setting MV golf outings in the future.

Khris Rickman asked to keep up with updates relative to the Equip Tech status with GCSAA.

Approval of Minutes 3/9/16         Motion by  Tim Roethler      Second by   Rob Kick

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford] 

Current balance reported:  $28,070.74

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson/ Justen Patterson]

Opening event at StL CC all set. Dr. Lee Miller to speak. Golf shop closed so will post scores ourselves. Prizes will be cash only.

Chuck to contact John Daniels for speaker at MV/SI meeting at Annbriar.

Kolby and Jim to check with St Albans to reschedule Assistant’s event from April 28th. Will check about May 19th for availability. Kolby approved for incentive at Forest Hills for early sign up at the Assistant’s event. Award will include 2 Assistant’s and 1 vendor. Deadline for entry in this incentive award will be May 12th.

Research [Rob Schaff / Rob Kick]

Green Cup 2016 at Greenbriar Hills all set. Looking at engraved glasses for tee prize.

Rob Kick working to set committee to begin work on this year’s KIG event. Event date likely late October 2016.

Membership [Khris Rickman]

2 new members presented for approval.

Casey Cunningham – A – Club at Old Hawthorne

Ryan Wilkinson – C – Westwood CC

Gateway Green articles due NOW!

Membership Outreach [Jim Buford]

Loss of previous MVGCSA member, Rick Vogt, owned St Chas CC. Request $50 donation to American Cancer Society. Approved!

Ethics/Bylaws [Tim Roethler]

No report. Commented that the Assistant Liaisons are doing a good job!

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Request Directors to speak with Associates for upcoming events sponsorships. Slots to be filled.

Membership invoices going out in May. 90 day pay period, past due Aug 1st. Non-paying members will be dropped Sept 1st, 2016.

Per Lamma, our website will be in need of an internal update at end of year after busy season.

HAGCSA S&R event July 11th. Deadline for sign up June 27th.

Assistant Liaisons  [Jimmy Bucher / Kolby Armbruster]

Will check on May 19th with St Albans for reschedule of Assistant’s event.

Associate Liaisons  [Ed Eschbacher / Dan Randant]

All agreed to continue joint hospitality night in Orlando for 2017. Ed requested a letter (contract) be drafted outlining details of arrangement between MVGCSA and HAGCSA for future joint hospitality nights.

OLD BUSINESS: 

Jim Buford brought up need to review possible member dues increase. Last increase no less than 7 – 8 years ago. Must prepare for future expenses as Association grows. Any dues raise will need to be on ballot for general meeting for vote by membership.

Chuck will check on how much each organization pays for dues each year.

What is status with Equip Tech membership? Rickman to check. Limit membership to golf course Equip Tech’s only. No outside industries. Discussed Equip Tech Board representative.

Request to donate $250 to upcoming Equip Tech meeting at Norwood – Approved!

NEW BUSINESS:

Bootheel Association – check on additional membership possibilities.

Need registration form for upcoming Green Cup. Need to finalize details.

NEXT BOD MEETING – May 11th. Host Eschbacher & Randant – possible location Fox & Hound

MOTION TO ADJOURN           Motion by  Rob Schaff         Second by  Tim Schwierjohn