BMM – April 2018

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – April 11, 2018 – Host Mike Null – Mac’s Alton

Rob Schaff Khris Rickman Rob Kick
John Briggs Dave Pini (A) Justen Patterson
Chris Finnerty Mike Smith Matt Czarnecki
Doug Harskamp Adam Lewis Ron Exler
Mike Null Tim Doll – Website (A) Chuck Gast – DO
Roethler (A)/Buford (A) – Hist Carter DeMay – Ch Del
  • Action items in red!

President’s Report   [Rob Schaff]

Rob spoke with Mark Newton, Pres HAGCSA, and informed him that MV will not be joining HA for the 2019 Hospitality Night in San Diego at the GIS Conference and Show. Rob did state that Mark Newton and Wes Kleffner would like to join us at the next MV BOD meeting May 9th at Syberg’s in St. Louis to discuss our Chapter relationships going forward. 

Approval of Minutes from 4/11/18 Motion by: Approved by:

Mike Null Rob Kick

Treasurer’s Report   [Rob Kick]

Current balance reported at US Bank: $55,581.59

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education  [Justen Patterson/Chris Finnerty]

Season Opener is FULL! Chuck is talking with Corey to see if they will open up a couple more spots. There are 1 or 2 more two-some’s that would like to play. There was discussion of when to allow guests to sign up for MV golf events. Tabled for now.

Justen reported that he has 3 events already lined up for the 2019 season.

Discussion of an unofficial golf event to be held at the Tower Tee before they close for good sometime around the 2nd week of July. Possibly play golf there around the last 2 weeks in June. Jim Buford will contact Tower Tee and report back at the May BOD meeting with details. 

Research  [Rob Kick/Dave Pini]

Rob reported that Xi Xiong’s sedge control research project has been denied by GCSAA. Rob to discuss details with Xi and report back on our future commitment with Xi’s research possibilities.

Membership  [Khris Rickman/Matt Czarnecki]

No new members at this time.

Website updates seem to be well received by the membership. Vendor section within the website now has vendor name, logo and contact info for each representative of that company. Discussed possibly adding pictures next to each Affiliates name in this vendor section. Board agreed. Chuck will also ask Tim Doll to place all 2018 platinum level sponsors logo’s at the top of the vendor section page to provide additional recognition for these platinum sponsors.

Membership Outreach  [John Briggs]

New members with their membership class will now be posted on the home page of the website for approximately 30 days. Chuck will contact Paul Hurst with the Gateway Green to see if he could possibly add a section within the GG publication to also display new members of the MVGCSA.

Ethics/Bylaws  [Mike Null]

No report

Director of Operations  [Chuck Gast]

Working now with Curt Rohe of MAGA to consolidate GHIN’s of all MVGCSA members.

Discussed BOD host meeting venues to ensure proper meeting sites are reserved well in advance.

Discussed ASP updates to date. Looking good going into the 2018 season. On level with 2017. Rob Kick to seek out possible ASP involvement from Grey Eagle Distributors. All other BOD members encouraged to seek out Affiliate members who have yet to participate in ASP 18 for possible tee sponsorship or any other form of sponsorship. Also discussed need to reach out to other companies such as Stihl, NAPA and others.

Discussed info regarding the MVGCSA points system for 2018. Specifically, options for the Supt award i.e. entry into GCSAA GIS golf or cash prize. More discussion need. Kick motioned with second by Patterson to keep criteria “as is” for now. Motion passed!

Matt Czarnecki is up for MAGA newsletter entry due April 25, 2018.

Volunteers for registration table at Westwood CC were determined.

Discussed the questionnaire circulating about the fate of RoundUp herbicide. Board agreed to send this questionnaire to all MV members for their potential input in this matter. Chuck to send to all MV members. 

Hospitality Night Wednesday, February 6, 2019 from 6 – 9 PM at the GIS Conference in San Diego is all set at Henry’s Pub in the Gas Lamp District.

Matt Czarnecki will contact Tim Doll about possible involvement with Facebook regarding a golf maintenance page similar to that of Griggs Brothers.   

Assistant Liaisons  [Mike Smith/Adam Lewis]

Assistant Spring golf event is set for April 30th at Crescent Farms. Max 48 players. $500 deposit has been submitted. Looking for an educational speaker prior to the event.

Affiliate Liaisons  [Ron Exler/Doug Harskamp]

No report

OLD BUSINESS: 

MoGIC submitted check to MV for $3,500 from the Dec conference.

No Community Service projects have been scheduled.

Jim Buford to receive recognition at the Season Opener along with a gift, due to his extended tenure on the BOD. Rob Schaff to secure personalized brief case for Jim.

NEW BUSINESS:

Rob Schaff appointed Adam Lewis to begin seeking out a viable candidate for Assistant Liaison to replace Mike Smith at the end of this fiscal year.

Mike Null requested volunteers for the upcoming USGA Women’s Mid-Am to be held at Norwood Hills CC in September.

NEXT BOD MEETING – May 9, 2018    Host: Ron Exler/Doug Harskamp
                                                                       Venue: Syberg’s at Dorsett & 270

MOTION TO ADJOURN Motion by          Second by 
Justen Patterson           Khris Rickman