BMM – August 2014

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

August 8, 2014
Llewellyn’s – Webster

Tim Roethler

Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Greg Parkinson

Khris Rickman

Don Humphrey

Rich Carlson

Tim Schwierjohn

Rob Kick

Jim Buford

Ed Eschbacher

Adam Lewis

Brenda Morelock

Tim Doll

Dan Lloyd

Paul Hurst

Chuck Gast

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford]  

Current balance reported:  $39,234.61)

Keep it Green Trivia Night = $12,110.24 + $2000 GG donation + any additional entrance fees

Green Cup – Net profit = $6,196.98

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

Send email blast about Southern Illinois fundraiser – will get details from Tim S

Boone Valley will host the 2015 opening event on April 27th – 64 player max

KEY TOPICS:

Green Cup [Rob Schaff]

Fox Run has been confirmed as location for 2015 Green Cup.  Rob will work with JB to find a good date in May.

Keep it Green [Rob Kick]

Trivia night was successful.  Goal was to raise $10,000 and approximate revenue was around $15,000.  Will have final numbers at Sept meeting.

Thank you cards were signed and will be sent to all who donated for the trivia night.  Rob/Rich will provide addresses

Scholarships/Research [Mike Null]

Will modify the scholarship informational flyer and send to Mike for approval.  
Sept 10
th is deadline – must be postmarked by that date.
Decided to also include part time turf students as well this year
Committee will review all applicants and make decision regarding awards

Monthly Meeting   [Tim Schwierjohn /Greg Parkinson]

Events Confirmed:

o

8/15 – Cardinal Game/Putting Contest – Tapawingo

o

9/8 – Winghaven

o

10/20 – Crown Point – Annual Tournament

Website   [Tim Doll / Khris Rickman]

(Details in email from Llama)

Membership/GCSAA   [Khris Rickman]

4 new members approved
Jaime Chambers – TurfWerks – Assoc – PAID
Ben Scanio Jr – Algonquin GC – Irrigation Tech
Eric Gabelmann – Norwood Hills CC – Class C  PAID
Brian Thomas – Algonquin GC – Class C

Application for a new member from the Bootheel was received by Ed.  He will resend to Brenda/Khris as it was not previously received.

Education [Rob Kick]

Shop Tour set for Dec 15th (Monday) at Sunset CC
Working on shop tour speakers – will try to use survey results to get speakers to address topics members are most interested in
Food and Beverage sponsors are already taken care of

Jim Darlington will speak at the September event at Winghaven

Gateway Green   [Paul Hurst]

Articles for next issue due Aug 20th 

Assistant Liason   [Adam Lewis / Dan Lloyd]

Will contact keeven Brothers about doing a meeting at their turf farm this fall

Try to put together another roundtable in the next few weeks

Ethics/Nominations   [Don Humphrey]

Nothing New

Member Outreach   [Jim Buford]

Sent card to Tim Allen – mother passed away
Ben Scanios father passed away – sent flowers
Mark Vavra – will send card

Associate Director   [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]

Nothing New

Executive Director   [Brenda Morelock]

Dues coming in both online and mail – will send ANOTHER reminder email

OLD BUSINESS:  

      Jim has not received an invoice from Algonquin for the Assistants event yet.  Rob has asked about it multiple times…

NEW BUSINESS:

Need a chapter delegate for the GCSAA meeting in KS in oct.  Don Humphrey volunteered to go again this year and will sign up

Chuck Gast has been tasked with creating options for associate member packages.  Looking to bundle sponsorships and other options into packages, plus offer a la carte options to allow associates to customize their membership and pay a lump sum one time. Would like to create a spreadsheet of the amounts that associates have donated over the past few years.

Discussion of the website becoming its own “entity” similar to the Gateway Green, as it becomes larger and brings in more money this may be necessary.  Discussion tabled until a future time.

MOTION TO ADJOURN