BMM – August 2015

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – August 13 – Trailhead – Rob Schaff

 

 

Tim Roethler

Mike Null

Ed Eschbacher

Greg Parkinson

Khris Rickman

Rob Schaff

Tim Schwierjohn

Rob Kick

Don Humphrey

Rich Carlson

Jimmy Bucher

Jim Buford

Dan Lloyd

Paul Hurst – GG (absent)

Tim Doll – Website

Chuck Gast – DO

 

 

 

July Minutes Approved – Motion Mike Null Second Rob Kick

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford]

Current balance reported: $59,592.71
            178 memberships paid – 35 past due

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

No report

KEY TOPICS:

Monthly Events [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson]

Next event – 9 hole at Ballwin Tuesday, August 18, 2015 9 AM shotgun start. All set.

Sept 23 Wednesday – Castle Ridge, NO CHARGE for course. 2 person scramble, 9 AM shotgun start. E Z Go donating carts. MTI donating drinks. Agro-Logics donating Par 3’s. $40 entry fee per person.

 

Keep it Green [Rob Kick]

Mark Langworthy, Senior Director of Advancement, University of Missouri, will assist in the future with the Keep It Green initiative.

Education [Rob Kick]

Recent survey response (42 responded) from members discussed (see attached). Will post results and have results available at Annual Meeting. Will use results of survey to guide shop tour topics.

Discussed focus of topics at chapter meetings. All agree that maintaining the current non-commercial approach is the desired direction.

Green Cup   [Rob Schaff]

Greenbriar Hills possible location for the 2016 Green Cup. Will confirm with Dave Klinkhammer.

Scholarship/Research   [Mike Null]

Fertigation research with MU is in motion with Greg Parkinson at Tapawingo.

Scholarship info history is now posted on website. Scholarships applications available on-line. One scholarship application has been received so far for the 2015 award season.

Website   [Tim Doll/Khris Rickman]

Slide show for all event pictures has now been formatted and is operational.

Time restraint now in effect for all job postings. Max 30 days from start date of post, then will auto delete. Employer must resubmit request for job search renewal if they want it to continue for another 30 days.

Membership/GCSAA   [Khris Rickman]

Discussed need to develop list of member benefits to exhibit to members the value and opportunity of MVGCSA membership (i.e. shop tour, annual meeting, education, job posting, happy hour, Hospitality night…)

Reviewed current membership list. 178 paid to date. 35 past due members, several of these have moved out of profession. Motion made by Khris Rickman to maintain a list of non-members. Second by Rob Kick. Motion passed.

Motion made by Rob Kick to waive annual dues for the MVGCSA Director of Operations. Second by Khris Rickman. Motion passed.

Assistant Liaison   [Dan Lloyd / Jimmy Bucher]

Possible sites for the 2016 Assistants tournament include Persimmon Woods, Rich Carlson will check. The Falls or St. Albans are also potential sites. Ed Eschbacher to check at St. Albans.

Gateway Green   [Paul Hurst]

No report

Ethics/Bylaws [Don Humphrey]

Discussed potentially adding Equipment Managers to the MVGCSA. This will require a bylaws change. Must have 20% (quorum) of membership in attendance with 2/3 agreeing to make a bylaw change. Must give 30 days notice to all members before a potential bylaw change can take place. Annual meeting or shop tour best venues for 20% minimum membership attendance.

Member Outreach   [Jim Buford]

Jim Buford recommended that the Association formally recognize Brenda Morelock for her years of service with the MVGCSA. Possibly invite her to Annual Meeting for presentation.

Board asked that a sympathy card be sent to Scott Reynolds whose mother recently passed.

Associate Director   [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]

Daryl Dean (St. Ann) and Steve Hargis retiring. Suggest acknowledging at Annual Meeting along with new member additions for 2015.

Director of Operations   [Chuck Gast]

Will email 2015 scholarship info request to all members.

Hospitality night in San Diego heading to East Village Tavern with HAGCSA.

Rob Schaff and John Briggs winners of lottery to have dinner with George Hobbs/ E Z Go and Ozzie Smith. Names drawn from pool of participants at 2015 Green Cup.

Board approved purchase of PA system at approx. $400, tablecloth runner at approx. $160 and hard drive computer backup at approx. $100.

Discussed Dixon Golf and Birdie Media brochures. Tabled with possible implementation at future events.

Reviewed potential updates of bylaws necessary to bring directives in line and current.

Discussed Tiger Ag Classic Golf Tournament (CAFNR) scheduled for Friday September 18th. Board decided to make $100 donation to assist with these efforts.

Annual Meeting date at Highlands needs to be set to secure banquet room. Suggested dates of November 4, 11 or 18. Chuck will check hunting season dates to ensure no conflicts and get with Dave Pini to set date.

Green Cup plaques and MVGCSA Championship trophies underway at St. Louis trophy.

OLD BUSINESS:

Rich Carlson discussed progress with necessary updates to bylaws that need to be addressed. Chuck will type original bylaw as it exists with recommended updates to be voted on by membership at Annual Meeting.

NEW BUSINESS:

No new business.

MOTION TO ADJOURN

Motion made by Don Humphreys and second by Jim Buford.

Next Meeting – September 16th Wednesday, hosted by Associates Ed Eschbacher and Rich Carlson.