BMM – August 2018

MVGCSA 

Board of Directors Meeting 

Minutes – August 15, 2018 

 

 

Rob Schaff Khris Rickman Rob Kick
John Briggs Dave Pini Justen Patterson
Chris Finnerty Mike Smith Matt Czarnecki (A)
 Doug Harskamp Adam Lewis(A) Ron Exler(A)
Mike Null Tim Doll – Website (A) Chuck Gast – DO
Roethler(A)/Buford – Hist Carter DeMay – Ch Del (A) Steve Wright – ET (A)

 

 

 

 

President’s Report   [Rob Schaff]

Rob reported the PGA events this month were received well. Recommended MV send a thank you to John O’Leary and Stan Erb for their assistance with these activities.

Briefly discussed the low turnout at our bowling event Aug 10th. This event during the PGA Champ was likely the issue. Asked event committee to review timing for this event in 2019.   

Approval of Minutes from Motion by: Seconded by:

July 11, 2018Justen PattersonKhris Rickman

Treasurer’s Report   [Rob Kick]  

Current balance reported at US Bank:  $58,741.97

Budget on track. Slightly down in dues as (16) members still unpaid.

Kick to get with Curt Rohe – MAGA to see about obtaining a flat rate for MV GHIN annual dues.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education  [Justen Patterson/Chris Finnerty]

Justen will meet with Lloyd, Burch & Czarnecki to review MoGIC speakers and topics. They will discuss possibly sending out a survey to ask members what they want for educational topics.

Justen reported that he hopes to have the MVGCSA event schedule for 2019 set by the end of September. This will be of great benefit for the ASP campaign for 2019.                               

Research  [Dave Pini/Matt Czarnecki]

Potential vendor list for the Sept 17th 2018 Green Cup was circulated among the Board members where the Board assigned themselves to personally call company representatives and ask for their participation as a tee sponsor or for auction item donations. 

Dave reported that Nadine from Classic Images has been hired to provide logo insulated tumblers to serve as tee prizes for all Green Cup participants. 

Rob Kick stated he will contact the Keeven’s to see if they want to continue their support of the 19th hole post-Green Cup celebration. 

Chuck to contact Scott at Forest Hills and ask if Golf Genius will be available for the Green Cup.

Membership  [Khris Rickman/John Briggs] 

New members (2) were voted into the MVGCSA – 

Kyle Stratman (C) – Gateway National

Stephen Sellmeyer (B) – Whitmoor CC

Lamma has requested to make a few more upgrades to our website to increase security. Board agreed and suggested to wait until the fall event season winds down a bit. 

Membership Outreach  [John Briggs]

John congratulated Chuck and rest of Board for the successful PGA interaction.

John reported that the MVGCSA received a heartfelt thank you from the Shields family.

Ethics/Bylaws  [Mike Null]

Mike stated that nominations for MVGCSA election 2019 are just around the corner. Board members retiring this year include Matt Czarnecki, Justen Patterson and John Briggs. Some of these current Board members may throw their names back into the ring. Mike also encouraged the Board to seek out new, younger members who may want to actively serve on the Board.   

Director of Operations  [Chuck Gast]

Reviewed current dues status – 185 paid with 16 unpaid. Current total roster count at 222.

Chuck asked Board to approve Adam Kane be included for a $500 Legacy scholarship for this fall. This due to an oversight during the scholarship review and approval session during the July Board meeting. Scholarships awarded for 2018 now total $3,000.   

Chuck reminded Gateway Green article writers that the fall issue due date for article submission is September 1st.

Chuck reported that KIG donations so far for the 2018 season total $3,700. Donors to be listed on the home page of the website. 

Chuck reported that MVGCSA received a check for $208 from GCSAA for the EIFG Rounds 4 Research during 2018.

Assistant Liaisons  [Mike Smith/Adam Lewis]

Mike reported that the Assistants will have a round table discussion in September. Time and location to be announced later. 

Mike stated that he is assisting with organizing volunteers (Class C MV members) for the upcoming Mid-Am event at Norwood Hills CC. Mike Null to write volunteer request letter to be emailed by Chuck to all MVGCSA members.  

Affiliate Liaisons  [Ron Exler/Doug Harskamp]

Doug reported that Nadine will assist again this year with driving the bar cart for the Green Cup.

HISTORICAL COMMITTEE  [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

Jim stated that the committee will be meeting in October to prepare for a presentation of historical info at the Annual meeting in November. 

EQUIPMENT TECH LIAISON  [Steve Wright]

No report

OLD BUSINESS:  

None to report 

NEW BUSINESS:

Discussed in length the request from GCSAA and Carlos Arraya for the endorsement of Carlos for the GCSAA Board of Directors for the upcoming election in February of 2019. Chuck stated that he had spoken recently with both Carlos and Rafael Barajas, GCSAA Vice President about this request. 

Mike Null motioned and Matt Czarnecki seconded that the MVGCSA draft a letter to the GCSAA endorsing Carlos for the GCSAA Board. This letter is to be brief and only cover the facts relating to Carlos, as observed, since he joined MVGCSA in 2016.

Rob Kick motioned and Chris Finnerty seconded that an amendment be added to the MVGCSA bylaws that states in part…“It is required that the endorsement of any MVGCSA member to be nominated for election with the GCSAA Board of Directors must first, have previously or currently served on the MVGCSA Board of Directors”. This amendment to the MVGCSA bylaws will be presented and voted on at the Annual meeting in November 2018.  

NEXT BOD MEETING – Sept 12th         Host – Justen Patterson   Venue – Helen Fitzgerald’s

MOTION TO ADJOURN Motion by         Second by 
Rob Schaff John Briggs