BMM – February 2015

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Feb 5, 2015
J Greenes

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford]  

Current balance reported:  $27,250.48
Holding $25,000 for 2015 operating budget

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

Announced that the Director of Operations search committee had interviewed all candidates and selected Chuck Gast for the position. Letter was passed around that will be distributed to all members announcing the new position and duties.

Hospitality event in San Antonio – any overage in donations will be split and each association will donate to their selected research fund/university.  Donors will be recognized for their contributions or they can choose to get their $ back.  If there are overages, a letter will be sent to associates notifying them.

Asked Chuck to contact Jim Healy about writing articles for the Gateway Green.  Find out what the Met association pays him.

KEY TOPICS:

Monthly Events [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson]

  • April 27 – Opening event at Boone Valley.  Details as follows:
    – 64 player max
    – our cost is $30 pp
    – Will purchase food thru them at $10-12pp – we will have a sponsor for this
    – We can bring our own beverages – will get a sponsor for this as well
    – Ron Exler interested in sponsoring a portion of this event
    – Tee Time:  10am (will verify with Rick)
    – 2 man bestball format
    – $100 per person (motion made and approved for this cost).  Will NOT be pairing this event with the annual tourney this year.
    – MUST PAY to reserve a spot – this goes for teams – a team of 2 people will not be entered into the event until BOTH people have paid.
    HOLD 18 SPOTS MINIMUM FOR BOARD MEMBERS, BOONE STAFF AND PREFERRED VENDORS 
  • At the March meeting will plan on having the complete 2015 schedule of events.  This will allow for sending the list of events and sponsor opportunities to all associate members (this worked well last year).  This year, if an associate sponsors an event they will be allowed to speak to members for 10 minutes prior to that event.

Keep it Green  [Rob Kick]

  • Nothing new at this time

Education  [Rob Kick]

  • Mike will have a proposal at the March meeting for education
  • Consider a small roundtable before each event – invite non-members and club owners for free so they can see the benefit of membership and the monthly meetings.
  • Introduce new members at each event

GREEN Cup   [Rob Schaff]

  • Confirmed for 2015 to be at Fox Run GC.  June 29th confirmed as date. 120 players
  • Wes Kleffner (and Jimmy Johnson) from Bayer will be sponsoring and cooking food

Scholarship/Research   [Mike Null]

  • Nothing new at this time

Website   [Tim Doll / Khris Rickman]

  • Consider adding a calendar of events – can add more than just our events for added value. Could add GCSAA events, education events, PGA events, local sporting events (cardinal games, Rams games, Mizzou games, etc)
  • Still determining what forms are best suited to be available on the website

Membership/GCSAA   [Khris Rickman]

  • Khris created a new member welcome letter which will be signed and mailed to every new member.
  • Don will be voting at the national for our association.  There is a dues increase for GCSAA dues to vote on – we will vote NO on this proposal. Another topic to vote on is bringing equipment techs into the GCSAA – we will vote Yes on this proposal.

Gateway Green   [Paul Hurst]

  • Not present- nothing new

Assistant Liason   [Dan Lloyd / Jimmy Bucher]

  • Looking to host a small event the week of February 19th – details TBD.  Chuck will plan on attending.

Ethics  [Don Humphrey]

  • Nothing new

Member Outreach   [Jim Buford]

  • Nothing new

Associate Director   [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]

  • Finalizing food/beverages for hospitality.  Decided to offer premium and domestic beer, soda, water and house wine for “free”.  Will have a cash margarita bar available.

Executive Director   [Brenda Morelock]

  • Remaining roster books will be mailed to members

OLD BUSINESS:  

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Decided to build in credit card fees into event cost.  If the cost we want to charge members is UNDER $50, we will add $5 to the cost of the event (i.e. for a monthly golf event we are going to charge members $40 – will promote the event at $45 – this includes the CC fee although this will not be mentioned).  If an event cost is OVER $50, we will not add any extra to the cost to members.
  • Need to come up with a long range plan for the next 5-10 years for the association.  A long range plan will help in setting short term goals.
  • Rob Schaff met with Glen/Jerry Keeven and they are VERY interested in holding an event at their sod farm in O’Fallon.  They would like to do it around September.  We will work out the details of this event with them but feel it will be hugely successful.
  • John Daniels – USGA Agronomist – going to come talk to the assistants at some point – will be open to any members.

MOTION TO ADJOURN  
February Meeting – Feb 5
th (J Greenes)