Board of Directors Meeting Minutes
Jan 15, 2015
Treasurer’s Report [Jim Buford]
Current balance reported: $27,940.88
Holding $25,000 for 2015 operating budget
Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]
Outlined a new member process – at the time a new member is approved, the Pres, VP and membership chair sign a welcome letter to be mailed. Mail letter along with contact info and upcoming event schedule. Membership Chair will also call to welcome.
Monthly Events [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson]
- April 27 – Opening event at Boone Valley. Considering charging $90 per person (final cost TBD after get cost from Boone Valley) Final decision on price will be made at February meeting.
- May 11 or 12 – joint event at Spencer T Olin
- June 29 – Green Cup – Fox Run
- August – open (potential baseball/happy hour event of 9 hole event)
- Sept – Open
- Oct – Open (Annual tournament)
Keep it Green [Rob Kick]
- Paul and Rob have not met with the fundraising lady yet
- Mizzou got their $$ at the Shop Tour ($16,000 total)
Education [Rob Kick]
- The Shop tour went great. Will continue to try to get new speakers similar to Dr Doug Soldat – he was very well received.
- Event had approximately 40 assistants in attendance
GREEN Cup [Rob Schaff]
- Confirmed for 2015 to be at Fox Run GC. June 29th confirmed as date
- Bob Brandt has offered to cook the food
Scholarship/Research [Mike Null]
- Nothing new at this time
Website [Tim Doll (Rickman absent)]
- Consider adding a tab for all printable forms needed on the website – Membership application, expense form for events, etc
Membership/GCSAA [Khris Rickman]
- See new member process in Presidents Notes
Gateway Green [Paul Hurst]
- Not present- nothing new
Assistant Liason [Adam Lewis / Dan Lloyd / Jimmy Bucher]
- The Legends will host the annual Assistants golf event – looking at April 14th for the event date.
- Also considering a get together sometime before the national show – no details yet
Ethics [Don Humphrey]
- Don talked to Justen about Matt Odell and things seem to be OK. Justen talked to his investor and ironed out the issues. Don will talk to Matt in person as well.
Member Outreach [Jim Buford]
- Nothing new
Associate Director [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]
- Hospitality is all set – need a final decision on beverages and food. Will provide Soda, Win and beer. Cash margarita bar. Need to provide a headcount to Casa Rio
- Will talk to Kim about signs for hospitality and will make sure that there are 2 levels of recognition: Major Sponsors (Donating $2000 and up) and Sponsors (under $2000)
Executive Director [Brenda Morelock]
- Post cards for hospitality will be mailed out asap
- Remaining roster books will be mailed to members
- Search committee is in the middle of interviewing candidates for the Director of Operations position – hope to have decision made by Feb meeting.
- Decided to have a February meeting this year since national is so late in Feb.
MOTION TO ADJOURN
February Meeting – Feb 5th (J Greenes)