BMM – January 2016

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – January 21, 2016 – Helen Fitzgerald’s – Mike Null

 

 

Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Jim Buford

Kolby Armbruster

Dan  Randant

Paul Hurst – GG (A)

Tim Roethler

Khris Rickman

Rob Kick

Jimmy Bucher

Tim Doll – Website

Ed Eschbacher (A)

Greg Parkinson (A)

Justen Patterson

Tim Schwierjohn

Chuck Gast – DO

 

 

     
Presidents Report [Mike Null]

 

   
     
Approval of Minutes  12/20/15  

Motion by

 

Second by

  Justen Patterson     Rob Kick

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford] 

Current balance reported:  Midwest – $26,570.91  US Bank – $2,235.00 TTL  $28,805.91 1099’s sent to Brenda, Tim Doll and Chuck.

Waiting on EZ Go check from truckster sales program 2015, was discussed at Shop Tour.

 

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson/ Justen Patterson]

2016 events schedule:

April 18 – Season Opener – StL CC                Sponsorship package for 2016 – work in progress

April 28 – Assistant’s Event – St Albans                    will send out survey to Associates

May 23 – Joint w/SIGCSA – Annbriar                        ask associates for their input

June 13 – Green Cup – Greenbriar Hills                   package to include advertising in GG

Aug 8 – 9-Hole event – Highlands                             package vs. individual donations ?

Sept 12 – Fall Classic – Joachim (9 holes)

Oct 3 & 4 – MO Cup – Lake of the Ozarks

Oct TBD – MVGCSA Championship

Nov – Annual Meeting

Dec – Shop Tour – Bellerive

 

Research [Rob Schaff / Rob Kick]

Waiting on check from MOGIC Conference – will offset Shop Tour expenses of $1,713.

Discussion of Honorarium for event speakers. SOP MV pays for out of town speakers and airfare.

Rob suggested that we set a base fee of $300-400.

Motion made by Tim R to NOT pay fee to MOGIC speakers. 2nd Schaff.  Motion passed!

Discussed aerification and fertigation studies underway. No MV fees involved.

2nd payment ($1250) made to UM Billbug study. TTL to date $3,750. Final $1,250 due in 2016.

 

Membership [Khris Rickman]

Discussion on changing method of new member approval by BOD. Improve efficiency.

New member – Andy Beakley – Approved

Website upgrade to Mandrill near completion. Test email sent today to BOD members.

Mandrill monthly fee of $14.95 for mass emailing and auto log-in – Approved

 

Membership Outreach [Jim Buford]

MV assistance with flood issues went well.

Discussion of funding budget line item for future outreach programs. Expanded reach, not just flowers. Establishing an accurate mission statement for Membership Outreach needed! Jim?

Decision made and approved to contribute $500 to Matt O’Dell flood Gofundme page.

 

 

Ethics/Bylaws [Tim Roethler]

Any ethics violation within Association must be recorded to allow for review in future.

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

2016 GIS Hospitality in San Diego all set. Mike Null to speak at event.

2016 Voting delegate – Justen Patterson/Don Humphrey

Update preferred contact method for all BOD’s

Shop Tour report –112 attended $1,713.55 loss(offset by MOGIC income) .5 GCSAA pts recorded

Discussed Bud White consultation services letter. Recommend advertising on web or GG.

Discussed GCSAA Rounds for Research 2016 program.

GHIN handicap fee to increase from $17 to $20 for the 2016 season.

Passed around letter from Darren Davis – 2016 GCSAA BOD candidate

Discussed Bayer offer of $2,000 for 2017 Dog Calendar if MV member/dog picture chosen.

 

Assistant Liaisons  [Jimmy Bucher / Kolby Armbruster]

February event uncertain. Will set date soon for Assistant’s Tournament at St. Albans in April.

Associate Liaisons  [Ed Eschbacher / Dan Randant]

Working on Associate member’s questionnaire of annual sponsorship program.

OLD BUSINESS: 

Hospitality night base expenses already covered by MVGCSA. Balance due by HAGCSA. Total of $4,000 raised so far by MV. Send invitation email now to all MVGCSA members.

NEW BUSINESS:

Tim R discussed need to enter MV into GIS tournament team championship at $20/player. Players will discuss in San Diego about entry.

Need to secure venue for 2017 GIS Hospitality in Orlando soon.

NEXT BOD MEETING – Wednesday March 9, 2016  Host Rob Kick

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN           Motion by                                        Second by                                                              Tim Roethler                           Rob Kick