BMM – July 2015


Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – July 9, 2015 – Fitzgerald’s – Parkinson


Tim Roethler

Mike Null

Ed Eschbacher

Greg Parkinson

Khris Rickman

Rob Schaff

Tim Schwierjohn

Rob Kick

Don Humphrey

Rich Carlson

Jimmy Bucher

Jim Buford (absent)

Dan Lloyd

Paul Hurst – GG (absent)

Tim Doll – Website

Chuck Gast – DO




Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford] / [Chuck Gast]

Current balance reported: $57,288.52

            161 memberships paid – 60+ Not paid.

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

Green Cup – Mizzou absence noted. Raffle raised only $1300 with no less than $5K worth of prizes. Possible “pre-raffle” (have winning tickets posted on board – drawn during golf event) for 2016, may help speed up awards ceremony post golf. Still need to acknowledge donors tho. All-in-all 2015 Green Cup great event.


Monthly Events [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson]

3 events remain on the calendar…

            Aug 18 Tues – Ballwin 9-hole event. 9 AM shotgun. Stroke play with handicap. Drinks on your own, none provided. Drinks sold at Pro Shop.


            Sept 23 Wed. – Castlewood/Union Pacific Railroad course. 9 AM shotgun. No charge for use of golf course. Early RSVP no less than 2 weeks out. Have few carts on site, will need to get some carts donated. No food provided by course.

            Oct 13 Tues. – Tapawingo. Closing event. Start time TBD.

Keep it Green [Rob Kick]

            Working with outside planner to help expand potential income base. Nothing planned at this time.

Education [Rob Kick]

           Chris Rapp to speak at Ballwin about Equip Mgrs/GCSAA. Approx 10-15 minutes.

            Tim Gamma to speak at Ballwin event about Emerald Ash borer issues.

Green Cup   [Rob Schaff]

            2015 Green Cup income $20,680.00. Expenses $11,878.82. Net $8,801.18. Approx. $89.80 clear per player. Decided to pay 2 places rather than 3 this year. Sold mulligans to net extra cash – approx. $2K. Overall, less profitable than HAGCSA but consensus was Green Cup a bit more classy and more appealing to attendees. Looking towards 2016, hope to broaden scope of sponsorship similar to HAGCSA.

Scholarship/Research   [Mike Null]

            Greg Parkinson will talk to Xi Xong about on-site fertigation study.

Website   [Tim Doll/Khris Rickman]

            Work underway to simplify bookkeeping between online pay and paper payment. Dues automation/linking with manual dues payments. PayPal issues with Internet Explorer resolved now. All functioning as it should in regards to online payments.

            Looking into server backup options – $5 / month.

            Will add prior scholarship winners and info to web page under scholarship banner.

            Working on improving picture gallery to allow rollover of pictures for ease of viewing.

Membership/GCSAA   [Khris Rickman]

            Discussed possible $95 membership fees for Equipment Managers. Must change Bylaws.

            2 new members – Chris Finnerty/Bogey Log Cabin & Ernie Dorris/Innsbrook Resort.


Assistant Liaison   [Dan Lloyd / Jimmy Bucher]

            June event at Helen’s during rainy period had approx. 18 in attendance. Event cost at $160. “Moderate success”. Hope to have other similar impromptu events as this.

Gateway Green   [Paul Hurst]

            Looking for additional articles for Gateway Green.

Ethics/Bylaws [Don Humphrey]

            Recommended to keep a close eye on Bylaws when considering status/entry of Equipment Manager addition to MVGCSA. Decision to wait until GCSAA figures out all the details with adding EM to Association before finalizing here at MVGCSA.

Member Outreach   [Jim Buford]

            Flowers sent in memory of Charles Ziegler.

Associate Director   [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]


Director of Operations   [Chuck Gast]

            Discussed current membership totals. Potential consequence for delinquent dues – see bylaws. Suspension of member privilege’s after 90 days. Second dues notice will be sent late July.

            Presented Green Cup summary sheet of expenses and income.

            Hospitality night in San Diego for approx. 170-180. Will find location.




            Brookside interested in hosting educational meeting. Board concerned with commercialization issues. Discussed future views of commercial versus unbiased educational topics at MVGCSA meetings. Tabled for now. Comm of Kick, Park, Schaff, Lloyd, Carlsn, Rickmn.

MOTION TO ADJOURN – Motion by Rob Schaff, second by Rob Kick.

Next Meeting –
August 13 – Host Rob Schaff