BMM – July 2017

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – July 12, 2017– Corner Pub – Armbruster/Smith

Mike Null

Rob Schaff (A)

Jim Buford (A)

Kolby Armbruster (A)

Dan Randant

Tim Roethler

Khris Rickman

Rob Kick

Mike Smith

Tim Doll – Website (A)

Dave Pini

Justen Patterson

Tim Schwierjohn (A)

Ron Exler

Chuck Gast – DO

  • ACTION ITEMS IN RED

Presidents Report [Mike Null]

Pro-Supt event at Norwood was good. MVGCSA donated $500 to this event. A few Supts and management groups in attendance were not members of MV.

Approval of Minutes from June 14, 2017 Motion by Rob Kick Second by Tim Roethler

Treasurer’s Report [Jim Buford]

Current balance with US Bank is $61,082.64

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [Tim Schwierjohn / Justen Patterson/ Dave Pini]

Next event Bowling – August 25th at Saratoga Lanes. No speaker for this event.

Committee is looking for ideas for speakers at the Shop Tour 2017 at Boone Valley.

Possible ideas include:

Curt Rohe – USGA Rules changes for 2018

Tree topics – Skip Kincaid

Lee Miller or Xi Xiong from Mizzou

Attorney to discuss estate planning/wills

Research [Rob Schaff / Rob Kick]

All scholarship apps currently under review by committee.

8 Legacy and 3 Turf applications – 7 solid applications with all requirements met

Green Cup ’17 work in progress. Patio at Algonquin GC should be available for event.

Membership [Khris Rickman]

(1) new member for approval – Kyle Duvall (EM) Boone Valley

Website start-up with display of Affiliate sponsors for 7 seconds is acceptable.

Working on Interactive Forum idea.

Membership Outreach [Jim Buford]

No report

Ethics/Bylaws [Tim Roethler]

No report

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Reviewed financial statement from June.

MVGCSA annual dues – approx. 70% have been received to date

Sponsor for bowling event in August? BOD decided MVGCSA will sponsor this event. Spouse are invited. Open bar and light snacks will be offered with a cap on expense at $1500 for bowling, food and drinks. A special invitation will be extended to all Affiliates with event notice.

Reviewed summary spreadsheet of Affiliate Sponsor Program 2017.

Discussed MV offering MV logo shirts from Nadine. Chuck to contact Nadine and work out details. Will ask Nadine to become a member. Rickman to talk with Lamma about incorporating PayPal to accept payments for shirt orders.

Assistant Liaison’s [Mike Smith / Kolby Armbruster]

May organize round table discussion after the heat of summer breaks.

Associate Liaison’s [Ron Exler / Dan Randant]

Discussed need to ensure that the Platinum level sponsorship within the ASP should be emphasized on a greater scale. Give added value to this level of sponsorship.

OLD BUSINESS:

Posting of Xi’s report on billbugs discussed. Must wait until published by GCSAA.

Discussed BOD change-over anticipated for November of 2017. BOD members going off; Pini and Patterson. Will also need replacement for Schwierjohn (1 year term). Announcement of election candidates should be completed prior to September 15, 2017. A few possible candidates were discussed.

Ideas to increase participation at monthly events, included golf format similar to the Spring Classic should be implemented more often. This involved scrambles, shambles and blind draw type golf events. Also, ensure Affiliates are spread throughout teams where multiple Affiliates will NOT be on the same team, as much as possible.

NEW BUSINESS:

None discussed

NEXT BOD MEETING – Wednesday, August 16, 2017 – Host Rob Schaff

MOTION TO ADJOURN Motion by Justen Patterson Second by Rob Kick