BMM – July 2018

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – July 11, 2018 – Host’s Smith/Lewis – Helen Fitzgerald’s

 

Rob Schaff Khris Rickman Rob Kick
John Briggs (A) Dave Pini Justen Patterson
Chris Finnerty Mike Smith Matt Czarnecki (A)
 Doug Harskamp Adam Lewis Ron Exler
Mike Null (A) Tim Doll – Website (A) Chuck Gast – DO
Roethler(A)/Buford – Hist Carter DeMay – Ch Del (A)
Rich Carlson

 

 

  • Action items in red!

President’s Report [Rob Schaff]

Rob discussed meeting June 21st with Dan Randant and John O’Leary about a joint reception with the John Deere organization at the PGA Championship the first week of August. O’Leary offered for MV to join in on the welcome dinner reception (Sugarfire) for (200) volunteers Sunday evening August 5th at 4:00 PM. Our portion of dinner cost to be $1,200. MV to send a few members from the Executive Committee to serve as hosts. Also, discussed a casual meeting for all attendees during the Championship on Thursday August 9th around 3 – 4 PM near the 10th hole at Bellerive. O’Leary to determine if drink tokens can be purchased and then distributed to those in attendance. Motion to allocate a total of $2,000 for these two events at the PGA Champ was made by Rob Kick and seconded by Justen Patterson. Motion passed. Chuck to send email to all MV members once details are finalized.  

 

Approval of Minutes from      6/13/18                       Motion by:                              Second by:

                                                                                    Rob Kick                                 Khris Rickman

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Rob Kick]

Current balance reported at US Bank: $58,304.18

Chuck sent late dues notice via email to all non-paid members (48) July 5th, 2018.

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [Justen Patterson/Chris Finnerty]

Justen and Chris have been working on preliminary venues for the 2019 season. More details to follow when venues are inked in.

Next MV event is Co-Ed Bowling at Saratoga Lanes August 10th at 6:00 PM.

August BOD meeting has been moved from Aug 8th to the 15th. Venue will be J Greene’s.

MV Annual meeting will be held at Probstein Golf Complex Nov 7th.

In discussing Scholarships to be awarded for the 2018 fall semester, Justen Patterson motioned and Khris Rickman seconded that a total of $2,500 be shared between (3) applicants. Scholarship funds of $1,000 each to be awarded to Turf Scholarship applicants Austin Allen and Mathew Ridings. A $500 Legacy Scholarship to be awarded to Madison Brown.

Research [Dave Pini/Matt Czarnecki]

Dave commented on status of the upcoming Green Cup at Forest Hills CC scheduled for September 17th. Players limited to 108. Shotgun 10:00 AM. Entry fee at $160 per player. Possible putting contest included. Tee prize to be a drink tumbler with the Green Cup logo. Dave requested assistance from BOD’s with contacting tee sponsors for donations of $200.

MV Championship is slated for October 15th at Glen Echo CC. Entry fee to be $60 per player.

 

Membership [Khris Rickman/John Briggs]

New members: (1)

Todd Marquette (IA) – Busey Bank

 

Membership Outreach [John Briggs]

No report

 

Ethics/Bylaws [Mike Null]

No report

 

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Late dues notices were emailed to all unpaid MV members July 5, 2018.

KIG request letter was emailed to all Class A, B, and C MV members July 6, 2018.

Carlos Arraya at Bellerive CC has requested an email be sent to all MV members for assistance with additional blowers and trash pumps for use during the upcoming PGA Championship. Board approved. Chuck to send email asap.

Chuck to email letter from Chris Rapp requesting Equipment Technicians sign up for membership with the MVGCSA.

 

Assistant Liaisons [Mike Smith/Adam Lewis]

No report

 

Affiliate Liaisons [Ron Exler/Doug Harskamp]

Doug requested Chuck send Tim Salazar, Supt at Quincy CC, a membership application.

 

Historical Committee [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

Jim thanked all who attended the Tower tee closing golf event.

 

Equipment Technician Liaison [TBD]

Steve Wright from Norwood Hills has been named the Equipment Tech Liaison.

 

OLD BUSINESS:

Matt Czarnecki is working with GCSAA for a possible grant to complete BMP program.  

 

NEW BUSINESS:

Discussion was held concerning MVGCSA and GCSAA relationship. More to follow.

It was discussed that members have the opportunity to follow Lee Miller on Twitter to stay updated on current research and weather related turf studies underway at Mizzou.

 

NEXT BOD MEETING – August 15, 2018   Host: Chris Finnerty
Venue: J Greene’s

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN          Motion by                                        Second by
Justen Patterson                           Rob Kick