BMM – July 2021

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – July 21, 2021

 

Khris Rickman                         Rob Kick                                              Chris Finnerty

John Briggs                                          Dave Pini (A)                                       Jimmy Bucher

Austin Allen                                        Jeff Stickford                                       Carter DeMay (A)

Rich Carlson                                        Adam Lewis                                         Eric Bickel (A)

Rob Schaff (A)                                     Tim Doll – Website (A)                        Chuck Gast – DO

Roethler (A) Buford – Hist

 

 

President’s Report   [Khris Rickman]

No report

 

 

Approval of Minutes from     6/9/21                         Motion by:                              Seconded by:

Chris Finnerty                         John Briggs

 

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Chris Finnerty] 

Current balance reported at US Bank:  $97,428.84

 

 

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [John Briggs/Dave Pini/Jimmy Bucher]

ET meeting set for Aug 10th at 10 AM at Greenbriar Hills CC.  Eric Bickel heading up event. Topic is cut appearance and cutting unit technology. MV members and non-members invited.

Topgolf event set for Aug 13th 6 – 9 PM in Chesterfield. PBI and Helena ASP sponsors at $400 each. Spouse’s invited. Deadline for sign-up is Aug 5th. Motion made by Kick, second by Finnerty to include drinks at $24 each in package for attendees. Motion passed.

Shop Tour this fiscal year likely 2nd or 3rd week in January of 2022 at St. Louis CC. Dan Lloyd to provide list of topics for review through survey monkey to ensure no repeat subjects between Shop Tour and MoGIC.

Research [Rob Kick/Rich Carlson]

Green Cup set for October 25th at St. Albans. Shotgun start at 10 AM. Scramble format. Bogey max and 2 putt rule.

Dan Lloyd to check with club management to determine per player cost to MV. Desire to keep cost under $85 per person. All food and drink included free of charge to players. Wes Kleffner/Bayer will hopefully be cooking their famous BBQ. Covid issues dependent.

Will have 4-player teams at $850/team or $225/single. All contests and (1) raffle ticket per person included. Not included is 50/50 and silent auction.

Rob Kick to check with Moomey at Gateway PGA to see if Pro’s want to be include but no free entry. Rob also to check with CMAA and Grey Eagle. Tee sponsor signs $200/18 and $300/36.

Membership [Adam Lewis/Carter DeMay]

No report

Membership Outreach and Ethics & By-Laws [Schaff/Finnerty/Stickford/Carlson]

Flowers were sent to the Gamma family earlier this month.

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Reviewed list of past due members for ’21 dues.

To date (51) have pre-paid for 75th Anniversary book. Decision to be made for initial order block of books. Book cost around $49 with sale price at $75. Price per book to increase Aug 1 by $4.

Chuck to check with St. Peters GC for details of MV Champ set for Sept 13th.

 

Assistant Liaisons [Jeff Stickford/Austin Allen]

An Assistant’s roundtable may be scheduled for some time in late September or early October.

Affiliate Liaisons [Rich Carlson/Eric Bickel]

No report.

HISTORICAL COMMITTEE [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

Book 95% complete. Discussion of when to distribute at either Green Cup or Annual meeting. General consensus is to hand out at Annual.

EQUIPMENT TECH LIAISON [   ]

JB speaking with James Arnold about heading up the ET program.

OLD BUSINESS:

Reviewed income and expense related to publishing the Gateway Green 3 times per year. Board decided that the MV office should handle all income and payment of invoices for this publication. Decision based on fact that most income now generated through the ASP program sent directly to the MV office early each year. Mike Carron agreed with this decision and will pay invoices for the fall ’21 GG edition and then transfer any remaining funds back to the MV office. Mike agreed to remain involved in the advertising work associated with the GG.

Discussion of the upcoming PGA Acension event at Norwood Hills resulted in a motion passed to fund the hospitality night for volunteers on Sept 7th at a cost not to exceed $2,000. Motion was made by John Briggs with second by Chris Finnerty. Chuck will check past hospitality expense sponsored by MV at BCC in 2018.

NEW BUSINESS:

Chris Finnerty discussed Turf Tech program at State Tech and their desire to host a tour for any Board member interested. Possibly play golf while there. Chris to send email correspondence to MV office.

 

NEXT BOD MEETING – August 18, 2021 at Syberg’s Westport

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN           Motion by                Second by
Chris Finnerty          John Briggs