BMM – June 2014

 

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

June 5, 2014
Webers Front Row Grill

Tim Roethler

Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Greg Parkinson

Khris Rickman

Don Humphrey

Rich Carlson

Tim Schwierjohn

Dan Lloyd

Jim Buford

Adam Lewis

ABSENT

Brenda Morelock

Ed Eschbacher

Rob Kick

Chuck Gast

 

 

 

Treasurer’s Report [Jim Buford]

Current balance reported: $16,553.54 (in the bank) + $7,829.57 (PayPal)

  • Taxes completed and sent in. Passed around tax return for review

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

Would like to sign Thank You notes at each board meeting for events the past month. All board members sign and Brenda will send each month. Brenda will bring thank yous to each meeting.

We need to eliminate the credit card “fee” added to items that are charged. We will simply increase the price of everything by the % that is charged by CC company (which is around 3.5%…Will get exact number)

Tim, Mike and Rob S make decision to allow Golf Pros and Assistant Pros to participate in the Green Cup with hopes of increasing future participation by others. Will discuss at a later time how to handicap them so it is fair

KEY TOPICS:

Green Cup [Rob Schaff]

  • 2014 event will be held at Old Warson CC – JUNE 16

  • Registration at 9am, Golf at 10am – would like board members to arrive early (7:30) to help with course setup (i.e. getting coolers stocked, iced and on course, etc)

  • 120 player max (will have 130 hats and 120 towels made)

  • Currently have 2 major sponsors at $1000 each – Paul Carlson (Syngenta) and Tim Gamma

  • Food will be provided by Bob Brandt

  • Bloody Mary bar in the morning – Cash bar (Run by clubhouse staff)

  • Confirmed donations:
    – Keeven Brothers – $500 towards bar bill
    – Supreme Turf – baseball tix
    – MTI – Gift Cards (how many?)
    – GreensPro – iPad

  • Agreed to do the 50/50 raffle and the Prize raffle again this year.
    – 50/50 will be 1/$5 or 3/$10
    – Prize raffle will be 1/$20 or 3/$40

  • Will use $500 of the major sponsor donation money to purchase a TV for prize raffle (Rich agreed to purchase and we will reimburse him)

  • Rob has the hats and towels from Nadine

  • Jim will purchase the drinks (beer, water, soda) and will also bring $200 in change

  • Brenda will provide to Mike Null a list of people to thank for their donations after golf. Mike will also make mention of the Trivia night.

  • Would like Assistants to speak very briefly after golf to introduce themselves

  • Rob S will speak BEFORE golf and urge everyone for a speedy round. Course will be set up to encourage fast play as well.

  • Will have 4 closest to the pin contests (3, 7, 13 and 17) and one Long putt (16)

  • Brenda will create cart flyers with major sponsors on the front, rules for the day on the inside and list of all associate members on the back.

Keep it Green [Chuck Gast]

  • July 25th – Trivia Night for KIG at St Ann Community Center
    $240 per 8 person table
    Mailer sent out to all members. Will followup with an email in the next week or so
    Looking for donations and 100% participation from membership – whether it is via making a small donation for prize raffle or attending the event.
    Dan Lloyd will contact Xi at MU to see about them having a team/table. Will comp them if can attend.

Monthly Meeting [Tim Schwierjohn /Greg Parkinson]

Gateway joint event went well, however participation was lower than had hoped.

Events Confirmed:

    • 6/16 – Green Cup – Old Warson CC

    • 8/15 – Cardinal Game/Putting Contest – Tapawingo

    • 9/8 – Winghaven

    • 10/20 – Crown Point – Annual Tournament

Website [Tim Doll / Khris Rickman]

  • Two $800 sponsors so far – Syngenta and GreensPro. Logos on the home page of website and will remain at all times. Email went out to associates with advertising options ($800 or $400). Will keep track of howmany and will get added to website as needed.

Membership/GCSAA [Khris Rickman]

  • 1 new member approved
    Gary Breshears – KC Turf – Associate – PAID

Education [Rob Kick]

  • Nothing New / Not Present

Scholarship/Research [Mike Null]

  • Nothing new at this time

Gateway Green [Paul Hurst – Not Present]

  • Current issue should be in mailbox soon

Assistant Liason [Adam Lewis / Dan Lloyd]

  • Still trying to firm up location for 2nd event

 

Ethics/Nominations [Don Humphrey]

  • Will review bylaws with regards to issue with Bill Maynard but believe that since we awarded him an honorary membership there is nothing we can do.

  • In the future recommend that we wait a period of time after retirement (5 years) before awarding Honorary memberships

Member Outreach [Jim Buford]

  • Nothing New

Associate Director [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]

  • Ed went to Cape Girardeau for the meeting of the disbanding of the Bootheel GCSAA chapter. There were also reps from Southern Illinois and the Quad Cities (Tennesee). The Bootheel split their remaining money evenly between the 3 associations and wrote us a check for $946.60. Asked that we use that money to pay the dues of any of their members who which to join our association.

Executive Director [Brenda Morelock]

  • Dues coming in both online and mail

  • Will create cart flyers for Green Cup and will bring all other supplies needed for registration, etc.

OLD BUSINESS:

Jim has not received an invoice from Algonquin for the Assistants event yet. Adam/Dan will followup with Rob Kick on this.

NEW BUSINESS:

Nothing at this time

MOTION TO ADJOURN

 

NEXT MEETING

July 10 – Greg Parkinson