BMM – June 2015

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – June 11, 2015

 

Tim Roethler

Mike Null

Ed Eschbacher

Greg Parkinson

Khris Rickman

Rob Schaff

Tim Schwierjohn

Rob Kick

Don Humphrey

Rich Carlson

Jimmy Bucher

Jim Buford

Dan Lloyd

Paul Hurst – GG

Tim Doll – Website

Chuck Gast – DO

Bold = Present

 

 

 

May Minutes Approved – Motion by Don Humphrey – Second by Rob Kick

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford]

Current balance reported: $39,022.64

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

  • Asked for Lamma to report on website hits, including hits on sponsors
  • Chris Finnerty – new Supt at Bogey Log cabin. Will contact about membership to MV
  • Ron Exler – Turfwerks wants to be included in future Mizzou equipment donations

 

KEY TOPICS:

Monthly Events [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson]

  • Discussed 9 hole event for August – details pending
  • Working w Tim Burch at St. Louis CC – 2016 Season Opener

 

 

 

Keep it Green [Rob Kick]

  • Reviewed potential of KIG to become a separate entity from MVGCSA. More discussion will be held concerning this topic.

 

Education [Rob Kick]

  • Potential speaker at Ballwin – Tim Gamma @ ash trees
  • Chris Rapp to discuss Equip Mgrs status at Ballwin
  • Shop Tour – StL CC Dec 14, 2015 – acquiring speakers now

 

Green Cup   [Rob Schaff]

  • All set – 8:30 reg, 9:30 shotgun       Need 3 – 4 guys at registration table!!
  • Chuck to open, Rob S to discuss details, close by Chuck
  • Matt, Adam and John (OWCC) to assist with coolers out to course
  • Bayer – Johnson and Kleffner arrive at 6 to begin BBQ – ready by 10 AM
  • Syngenta – Title, Bayer – food, Macro-Sorb – drinks, 19th hole – Keeven Bros Sod
  • Parkinson and Carlson to get drinks Sat before event, deliver to Fox Run

 

Scholarship/Research   [Mike Null]

  • Xi – Chemicals that reduce water usage; aerification recovery study
  • Xi – looking to study fertigation, possible assist host by Parkinson
  • Possible future study – Poa control on bent

 

Website   [Tim Doll/Khris Rickman]

  • Supt point system in place
  • Lamma working to solve spam issues with members receiving emails
  • Keeping up with monthly updates on web

 

Membership/GCSAA   [Khris Rickman]

  • Approval of 2 new members – Reed Anderson BCC & Chris Wehmer Crystal Springs

 

Assistant Liaison   [Dan Lloyd / Jimmy Bucher]

  • Will have impromptu round table discussion next rainy day in June – short notice
  • Discussed MOGIC need for 3 Assistants for presentation about specialty products at upcoming conference in Dec. Have 1 need 2 more!

 

Gateway Green   [Paul Hurst]

  • Summer issue complete. Out soon.

Ethics/Bylaws [Don Humphrey]

  • Nothing to report

 

Member Outreach   [Jim Buford]

  • Charlie Ziegler memorial Sat 6-13. Jim to send flowers to funeral home.
  • Jim requested any member news be sent to his attention asap

 

Associate Director   [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]

  • Rich reviewing bylaws updates – dues, assoc fee donation, ass’t liaison on BOD

 

Director of Operations   [Chuck Gast]

  • $70 reimburse to Moriarty
  • Recip w HAGCSA in fund raisers, MV team traveling to HA event in KS 6-15-15
  • Memberships paid to date – 127         GHIN – 51
  • Need a few more sponsors to fill event calendar for remainder of 2015
  • Notice of Equip mgrs. meeting at Norwood June 24th – Chuck to address
  • Discussed recent meetings with Jeff Baxter and Nick Zerr
  • Discussed potentially eliminating hard copy roster – too quickly out dated
  • Budget/Expense/Income monthly binder coming together

 

OLD BUSINESS:

  • None

 

 

NEW BUSINESS:

  • Discussion to reconsider date of annual Green Cup. Timing not good this year
  • Generic Signature product recall – potential greens killer – post on MV website

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN

  • Motion – Kick           Second – Parkinson


Next Meeting –

  • July 9, 2015     Greg Parkinson – Host