BMM – June 2021

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – June 9, 2021

 

Khris Rickman                         Rob Kick                                              Chris Finnerty

John Briggs                                       Dave Pini (A)                                       Jimmy Bucher

Austin Allen                                        Jeff Stickford (A)                                  Carter DeMay

Rich Carlson                                        Adam Lewis                                         Eric Bickel (A)

Rob Schaff (A)                                     Tim Doll – Website (A)                        Chuck Gast – DO

Roethler – Hist                        Mike Null – Guest

 

 

President’s Report   [Khris Rickman]

Khris announced that the “dog days of summer” are upon us.

Also, stated that Rob Kick will be speaking with Steve Randall about recent GCSAA/USGA program related to job placements.

Khris will follow up on an ET rep for the Board. JB to organize an ET meeting soon.

Approval of Minutes from     5/12/21                      Motion by:                              Seconded by:

Jimmy Bucher                         Rob Kick

Treasurer’s Report   [Chris Finnerty] 

Current balance reported at US Bank:  $97,428.84

Income and expense are up from last year as expected. Several new members. Not many 75th books sold during membership dues receipts. Saved $2,400 from MAGA dues delay so far.

Event logs for Spring Classic and Assistant’s event were submitted for review.

 

 

Guest Report    [Mike Null]

Mike discussed the need for volunteers for the upcoming Ascension Charity Tournament at Norwood in September, approx. (40) per day. Meet n greet volunteer dinner Sept 7th 6:00 PM. Sponsorship packages for businesses at $300-1,000. Request MV to sponsor dinner the 7th at approx. $2,000. Norwood may kick in some funds. Board to discuss at July BOD meeting.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [John Briggs/Dave Pini/Jimmy Bucher]

Chapter Challenge set for June 21st at St. Clair CC. Registration deadline is June 18th. Only 12 signed up so far.

ET meeting will try to be set for July. JB working on it with a focus towards hydraulic maintenance and troubleshooting. Suggest getting Erb, MTI and Turfwerks involved.

Discussion of Shop Tour for 2021. Possibly at Keeven’s? Topics for meeting include; wellness, OSHA, finance, landscape/horticulture. Suggest to contact Mizzou also.

MoGIC is on board for this fall 2021.

Aug – Topgolf
Sept – MV Championship

Research [Rob Kick/Rich Carlson]

HAGCSA tournament reps from MV will be JB, Kick, Lloyd and Carlson. Will discuss Shop Tour 2022 that will be hosted by Lloyd at CC of St. Albans.

There have been (3) scholarship applications received at the MV office prior to the deadline of May 31st. One additional incomplete application was received after the May 31st deadline and will not be considered.

Membership [Adam Lewis/Carter DeMay]

New members (5) approved

 

Membership Outreach and Ethics & By-Laws [Schaff/Finnerty/Stickford/Carlson]

No Report

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

First installment of active MAGA dues paid May 15th. Active 127, inactive 177, not paid.

A check box for pre-ordering of the 75th Anniversary book was added to the MV annual dues invoices that were mailed to all members in early May. Approx. 30% of dues received include pre-order for this book.

Assistant Liaisons [Jeff Stickford/Austin Allen]

Assistant’s event in May at Lake St. Louis CC was a success. Suggest it may become an annual event i.e. 9-hole golf match.

Affiliate Liaisons [Rich Carlson/Eric Bickel]

No report.

HISTORICAL COMMITTEE [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

Rob Kick discussed that the 75th Anniversary book was complete except for a few updates and completing the index. It was suggested that a deadline date for pre-ordering should be set soon to allow ample time for printing. Distribution of this Anniversary book is likely to occur during the Annual meeting in November at Forest Park. A separate tab has been added to the website to allow pre-order of the Anniversary book. Question was raised as to the number of books that will need to be ordered to get the best initial price.

EQUIPMENT TECH LIAISON [  

No report           ]

OLD BUSINESS:

Rob Kick discussed conversation with Steve Randall about the interaction of the GCSAA with the USGA relative to the proposed job placement program touted by the USGA. Randall suggested that since this is still in the development stage to sit tight until further information is brought forward. Rob may write a letter to GCSAA expressing the displeasure of Supt’s to this job placement idea by the USGA.

Rob stated that the previously schedule June 14th PGA Outreach meeting may be delayed until late June or early July.

NEW BUSINESS:

Discussed recent shortfall of advertising income vs. printing expense with publishing the Gateway Green. At approx.. $4,400 printing cost per issue of the GG, Mike Carron estimates that there will be a deficit of around $1,000 at the end of 2021. Mike has requested that expense shortfalls for publishing this MV news periodical be covered by the MV general fund. It was also discussed that since most income for the Gateway Green is received through the ASP, that the MV office takes over all income and expense’s related to the GG in the future. Chuck to contact Mike to further discuss. Board to discuss at a later meeting.

 

NEXT BOD MEETING – July 14, 2021 at Syberg’s Westport

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN           Motion by                Second by
Carter DeMay           Jimmy Bucher