BMM – March 2014

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Mar. 6, 2014
The Tap House – O’Fallon, MO

Tim Roethler

Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Rob Kick

Jim Buford

Ed Eschbacher

Rich Carlson

Tim Schwierjohn

Dan Lloyd

Tim Doll

Greg Parkinson

ABSENT

Bill Maynard

Adam Lewis

Don Humphrey

Chuck Gast

Brenda Morelock

Khris Rickman

 

Treasurer’s Report [Jim Buford]

  • Current balance reported: $11961.36

  • Membership dues received were reveiwed by budget committee and new compensastion of $695/mo was approved for Brenda

  • It was discovered that money paid via PayPal has not been deposited into checking account. Brenda will transfer approx $4600 from Paypal to checking

  • President Note: Jim to set an additional budget meeting with Tim R / Mike

KEY TOPICS:

Hospitality

  • Event went very well. Members of both associations were impressed. Can improve for next year.

  • There is still approx $1200 in donations that have not been received. Brenda will check on this ($700 John Deere and $500 Bayer)

  • Heart Association backed out of their end of the MU donation towards a sprayer

Monthly Meeting [Tim Schwierjohn /Greg Parkinson]

  • Events Confirmed:

    • 4/28 – Forest Hills (opening event)

    • 5/19 – Joint Meeting w/ So Illinois – Gateway National

    • 6/16 – Green Cup – Old Warson CC

    • 8/15 – Cardinal Game/Putting Contest – Tapawingo

    • 9/8 – Winghaven

    • 10/20 – Crown Point – Annual Tournament

  • An email will go to members explaining the point system to be used this year for events. Tim will provide Brenda with the details

  • An email will also go out to Associates explaining event sponsorship options. Any extra money from event sponsorships will be used to offset costs at other higher priced events.

  • Presidents Note: Send a thank you email to all joint event sponsors. (Brenda will provide list). Also be sure to send an email to all 2014 event hosts – thanking them, etc.

Website [Tim Doll ]

  • Nothing New

  • Presidents Note: Free advertising on website is over. Need to determin pricing and present to associate members.

Membership/GCSAA [Not Present]

  • 4 new members approved
    Matthew Czarnecki – Old Hickory GC – Class C (paid)
    Kyle Sheppard – Old Hickory GC – Class C (paid)
    Josh Dickman – GC of Florissant – Class C (paid)
    Randy Lusher – BASF – Associate (paid)

Keep it Green [Rob Kick]

  • Planning a Trivia Night for July 25th (possibly consider mouse races). Will be at Bridgeton location (same as Morelock Trivia). Will also have a silent auction/live auction. Consider involvement from other associations (Paul H is looking into this)

  • Would like to consider a golf event for 2015

 

 

Education [Rob Kick]

  • We received $2000 from MOTOC as our return for sponsoring the Green Industry Council meeting

Scholarship/Research [Mike Null]

  • Survey was sent to members and results will be posted online. Committee will review results to determine possible new research projects.

  • Presidents Note: get survey info to Lamma and email survey to members.

Green Cup [Rob Schaff]

  • 2014 event will be held at Old Warson CC – JUNE 16

  • Presidents Note: Need to get with Nadine. Order white shirts for each board member. Get hats ordered by May 1. Get pricing for bag towels also. Possibly give Nadine the opportunity to sell shirts AT the event and split profits with us (donate to research). Would like mailer sent out early for event to get $$ in account early

Gateway Green [Paul Hurst]

  • Not present / Nothing New

Assistant Liason [Adam Lewis / Dan Lloyd]

  • April 14th will be the Assistants Event at Algonquin GC. Need details for email blast to members. Looking for a speaker (possibly a dermatologist – Rob Kick has a friend who is possibility) Another option is a roundtable of superintendents.

  • Sunset CC Assistants event is March 24th – topic is Shop Organization plus a shop tour (if time/weather allows). This is first of multiple smaller assistant events to be held this year. Need details so that email blast can go out to members.

Ethics/Nominations [Don Humphrey]

  • Don was not present but will need to look into possible ethics violation at Old Hickory Golf Club. Would like to offer Mike Prenger a one year free membership regardless of the outcome.

Member Outreach [Jim Buford]

  • Bob Tegethoff passed away

Associate Director [Ed Eschbacher/Rich Carlson]

  • Sprayer for MU is about 1-2 weeks away

Executive Director [Brenda Morelock]

  • Passed out 4 new members for approval in absence of Membership Committee head.

  • Asked that all emails to association members go through Brenda. That way members get emails from ONE address and are used to seeing/checking these emails. Makes it easier to track feedback, etc as well.

OLD BUSINESS:

None

NEW BUSINESS:

Would like to start presenting our monthly event hosts with a check for $100 after each event. Other associations do this. To show appreciation for their time, effort and support.

Discussed possible issue at Old Hickory. Bill Ashby, a current honorable member, is now the Superindent at Old Hickory. Debate on whether or not he should pay dues. Don will look into possible ethics violation and will vote at next meeting

Bill Maynard attended meeting and gave a brief update on the GCSAA

MOTION TO ADJOURN

NEXT MEETING

April 3 – Khris Rickman