BMM – March 2016

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – March 9, 2016 – Llywelyn’s – Rob Kick

 

 

Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Jim Buford

Kolby Armbruster

Dan  Randant

Paul Hurst – (A)

 

Tim Roethler

Khris Rickman

Rob Kick

Jimmy Bucher

Tim Doll – Website

Ed Eschbacher

Greg Parkinson (A)

Justen Patterson

Tim Schwierjohn

Chuck Gast – DO

 

 

Presidents Report [Mike Null]

Meeting with SIGCSA in Mount Vernon in December 2015. Discussed possibility of merger of SIGCSA into MVGCSA. For 2016, agreed to encourage reciprocating in regards to regular chapter meetings and see how the year shakes out. No definitive decisions at this time.

Hospitality night 2016 went well with good attendance by both MVGCSA and HAGCSA. Hospitality budget finished in the black by $453 for each chapter.

No MoGIC check received by MVGCSA as of yet.

Matt O’Dell sent thank you to the BOD for recent assistance with his flood issues.

 

Approval of Minutes 1/21/16         Motion by  Justen Patterson      Second by   Rob Kick

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford] 

Current balance reported:  $30,894.39
COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson/ Justen Patterson]

Recent survey to Associates to be used to develop sponsorship direction in future. In 2016 will use calendar of events with opportunities and cost associated as guideline for this year’s sponsorships.

October event at the Falls is set for October 18th with a possible start time around 12 noon.

MoGic 2016 set for Dec 7th. Speakers to be selected will be determined from survey to members. Tim S to talk with Tim Burch and Dan Lloyd about educational topics.

Shop Tour 2016 set for December 12th at Bellerive CC.

Establishment of universal administrative fee discussed. Motion to add 10% to all event related cost to cover admin fees. Motion by Tim Roethler second by Rob Kick. Motion passed unanimously.

 

Research [Rob Schaff / Rob Kick]

Green Cup 2016 at Greenbriar Hills all set.

Rob Kick working to set committee to begin work on this year’s KIG event. Event date likely move from July to Nov, Dec or possibly March. Themes considered – trivia, mouse races, etc.

Discussed that MVGCSA was 1 of 5 charter founders of the MoGIC Conference. MV put up approx 20% of original $8-10K to get the conference started. As a result, MV has a return of approx 20% of net profit from all subsequent MoGIC meetings.

 

Membership [Khris Rickman]

Gateway Green articles due soon. Possibly late April to early May.

4 new members presented for approval.

Carlos Arraya (SM) – Bellerive CC

Chris Wetzel (C) – Bogey Log Cabin

Mark Pashia (AS) – ASP Enterprises

Matt Springer (SM) – Quincy CC

Membership Outreach [Jim Buford]

SOP to continue. Should an unexpected occurrence arise, Outreach Committee should meet to discuss action to be taken. Decision to be made by this committee as to donation direction.

Jim to develop specific mission statement to define goal and direction of Outreach program.

Ethics/Bylaws [Tim Roethler]

No report

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Thank you’s mailed to all Hospitality sponsors. MV pulling a majority of the weight for this joint venture with HAGCSA. Future discussions with associates as to direction of individual or joint Hospitality night. Hospitality night 2017 set at Miller’s Ale House Feb 8th in Orlando.

Motion to run EZ Go rebate letter acknowledgement on MV web page scroller made by Tim Roethler second by Jim Buford motion approved.

Equipment Technician meeting set for May 3 at Norwood Hills as per Chris Rapp.

Assistant Liaisons  [Jimmy Bucher / Kolby Armbruster]

Work underway for the Assistants meeting at St. Albans. Looking to fill sponsor spots.

Associate Liaisons  [Ed Eschbacher / Dan Randant]

No report

OLD BUSINESS: 

Send event calendars to Associates to allow for sign up of sponsorship opportunities.

NEW BUSINESS:

Jim Buford discussed possible dues increase for 2017-18. No dues increase last 14 years. To be addressed prior to 2016 Annual meeting for possible vote by membership.

Discussed need to “re”-develop SOP for MV BOD’s. Chuck to begin process of reformulating procedure books.

Tim Gamma discussed potential MV assistance with Joshua Chamberlain Society – mower

NEXT BOD MEETING – Host Tim Roethler – possible location O’Connel’s

MOTION TO ADJOURN           Motion by Justen Patterson         Second by  Rob Schaff