BMM – March 2019

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – March 13, 2019

 

 

Rob Schaff                                         Khris Rickman                                  Rob Kick

John Briggs                                        Dave Pini                                           Justen Patterson

Chris Finnerty                                    Nick Hittler                                       Matt Czarnecki

Doug Harskamp                               Adam Lewis                                      Eric Parker (A)

Mike Null                                          Tim Doll – Website (A)                   Chuck Gast – DO

Roethler/Buford (A) – Hist             Carter DeMay – Ch Del                    Steve Wright – ET (A)

 

President’s Report   [Rob Schaff]

Rob announced that Justen Patterson will be staying on the Board for the next 6 months as allowed by our bylaws. Carter DeMay will take Justen’s seat on the Board after this 6 month period.

Rob stated that our annual report to GCSAA is due by the end of March. Chuck will complete.

Rob stated that the Executive Committee sent a letter to GCSAA about several points of interest of late. Awaiting a response from GCSAA.

Tamarack is looking for a Superintendent as Brian Borah is going to Far Oaks.

 

Approval of Minutes from                              Motion by:                              Seconded by:

January 9, 2019                                 Mike Null                              Rob Kick

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Rob Kick] 

Current balance reported at US Bank:  $48,935.98

Rob stated that we are approx. $9K down from ASP commitments when compared to March of 2018. Chuck will send out another ASP email request to all Affiliates.Deadline for the ASP 2019 banner will be extended until the 1stof April.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education  [Justen Patterson/Chris Finnerty]

Justen has already been working on the event schedule for 2020.Boone Valley is slated for the Opener April 6, 2020. Other courses on the event list may include Annbriar, Gateway national, Winghaven, St. Albans and possibly Greenbriar. Next year will be the 75thAnniversary of the MVGCSA.

Justen requested a list of the past 4 or 5 years event host venues in attempts to minimize wearing out our welcome at past sites and assist in diversifying our event venues.

Chris Finnerty discussed the upcoming Spring event at Bogey/Log cabin. The Pro Shop and Clubhouse will be closed and no carts will be available from Bogey. Chris is looking into possibility of snagging some carts from EZ Go or Club Car.Max signup for this event will be 72 (18 foursomes).

Research  [Dave Pini/Matt Czarnecki]

Dave reported that all looks good for the Green Cup at Meadowbrook CC. More details to follow.

Matt stated that he and Chad Fetter are working with the HAGCSA on the Missouri BMP program as requested by GCSAA. Completion date set by end of 2019.

Membership  [Khris Rickman/John Briggs]

Khris submitted 5 new applications for MVGCSA membership. All approved!

Jeff Sexton (A) – Evansville CC
Kristoffer Kight (B) – Sullivan CC
Steve Denkler (B) – St Francois CC
Mark Galentine (AFF) – MTI
Eric Greytok (AFF) – Macro-Sorb

Membership Outreach  [John Briggs]

Paul Carlson’s and Bob Manhart’s fathers have passed. Sympathy cards will be sent by Chuck.

John will write up a brief descriptive paragraph detailing the parameters of who MVGCSA will send get well and condolence cards for future reference.This will be added to the SOP’s of the MVGCSA.

Ethics/Bylaws  [Mike Null]

Mike is currently working with the Executive Committee on the points of interest letter recently mailed to the GCSAA.

 

Director of Operations  [Chuck Gast]

As per Rob Schaff, the Top Golf event is set for August 15that the Chesterfield Valley Top Golf complex. Time slot will be from 6 – 9 PM. This event has originally been touted as an Affiliate appreciation event.

The GIS Hospitality night in San Diego was a success with 78 in attendance. Work is now underway to secure a spot in Orlando for the 2020 GIS Hospitality night.Board direction is to continue with seeking a moderate venue to help keep costs down yet provide a group friendly atmosphere.

Request was made for all BOD meeting hosts to secure their host venue in advanceto be sure a suitable meeting room will be available for monthly MVGCSA Board meetings. A list of meeting dates with host(s) was provided to each BOD member. Notations on this list will be made when the respective monthly meeting venue has been reserved.

Discussed possible annual membership drive contest. Tabled for now. Current membership list to be sent to all Board members for review.

 

Assistant Liaisons  [Adam Lewis/Nick Hittler]

Adam and Nick discussed the upcoming Assistants event scheduled for April 16that the Norwood Hills CC. Cart fee charge from Norwood will be $20. No other fees will be levied. Shotgun start at 10:00 AM. Sandwiches from Jimmy Johns will be served on course to contestants.

Discussion of a possible Assistants education session in the future involving a local meteorologist may be offered.

 

Affiliate Liaisons  [Doug Harskamp/Eric Parker]

No report.

Affiliates agreed to review the current membership list and see if there are any potential candidates out in the field that are not currently MVGCSA members.

HISTORICAL COMMITTEE  [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

Tim reported that work continues on the 2020 75thAnniversary campaign. Tim presented a potential new MVGCSA Anniversary logo to be used in correspondence throughout 2020.

Tim stated that Curt Rohe from MAGA will assist in spreading the word of our 75thAnniversary celebration in 2020.

Discussed a few ideas of engaging local sports casters to assist with getting our message out as well.

EQUIPMENT TECH LIAISON  [Steve Wright]

No report

OLD BUSINESS: 

Carter DeMay reported that all went well at the GCSAA election during the annual meeting at the GIS in San Diego. All 3 candidates that MVGCSA cast votes for were elected to the National Board. Included White from KC, Carter from TN and Barker from UT.

NEW BUSINESS:

Rob Schaff appointed writers for the 2019 MAGA monthly publications as requested by Curt Rohe. Board members were assigned a month where they are responsible for submitting an article to MAGA. This complete assignment list will be emailed to all BOD after this meeting.Chuck will also email the list of past topics submitted to MAGA publications to assist with minimizing duplication.

Nick Hittler, recently hired as Superintendent at Tapawingo, will be staying on the Board. A new Assistant Liaison will be appointed at a later date.

 

NEXT BOD MEETING – April 10th            Host– Mike Null          Venue– Mac’s Time Out

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN          Motion by                                        Second by
Rob Kick                                 Mike Null