BMM – March 2021

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – March 10, 2021

Khris Rickman (A)                             Rob Kick                                             Chris Finnerty

John Briggs                                        Dave Pini                                           Jimmy Bucher

Austin Allen                                     Jeff Stickford (A)                               Carter DeMay

Rich Carlson                                     Adam Lewis                                     Eric Bickel

Rob Schaff                                         Tim Doll – Website (A)                   Chuck Gast – DO

Roethler (A)/Buford (A) – Hist       Erik Parker                                        Jim Healey

 

 

President’s Report [Khris Rickman]

Rob Kick gave the Presidents opening remarks as Khris Rickman was under quarantine from Covid exposure.

Khris sent apologies for his absence but wanted to thank Board members exiting from the Board for their past assistance; Corey Harvey, Erik Parker and Matt Czarnecki. Khris also wanted to welcome the new 2021 Board members; Austin Allen and Eric Bickel.

Khris extended his wishes for all to stay safe during the winding down of this pandemic and stated that he is doing fine with no symptoms but wanted to follow guidelines to minimize exposure to fellow Board members.

Rob stated that the Missouri BMP manual is now complete and will be available soon to all interested parties. He thanked the MV BMP Committee of Carter DeMay, Matt Czarnecki and Chad Fetter for their hard work and diligence in completing this somewhat arduous task.

 

Approval of Minutes from                              Motion by:                              Seconded by:

N/A

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Chris Finnerty]

Current balance reported at US Bank: $62,817.81

The 2021 operating budget is complete and was distributed to all Board members. It was noted that in regards to the budget for 2020, income as well as expense was dramatically reduced due to Covid restrictions throughout the year. All in all, a similar balance was achieved between income and expense relative to years past.

ASP contributions are a bit down so far for 2021, but with Covid restrictions loosening up, it is anticipated activity will increase. Deadline for ASP form submission has been extended from March 15 to March 31 as the Opener has been moved to April 26.

Guest Presentation [Jim Healey]

First order of business at this March BOD meeting was a presentation from Mr. Jim Healey in regards to the much anticipated MVGCSA 75th Anniversary publication. Jim gave an in depth review of a draft version of this publication and asked for any pertinent additional information or corrections of the content presented. Additional details will follow within these minutes.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [John Briggs/Dave Pini/Jimmy Bucher]

The event schedule for 2021 is complete. Opener will be held at Winghaven CC on April 26. No word yet on max limit of golfers. Possible 2-man scramble.? Single riders will likely pay extra cart fee. Coolers OK. Box lunches will be available by MV.

April 26 – Winghaven CC – Opener
May 10 – Westborough CC – Spring Classic
May 24 – Lake St Louis – Assistants event
June 21 – St Clair CC – Chapter Challenge
Aug 13 – Topgolf
Sept 13 – St Peters – Championship
Oct 11 – St Albans – Green Cup
Nov 10 – Forest Park – Annual meeting
Dec ? – Shop Tour TBD – Possibly Norwood Hills ???
Fall ? – ET TBD – Possibly St Albans ???
Initial notices/posting of all ’21 events will try to be completed 3 weeks prior to each event.

 

Research [Rob Kick/Rich Carlson]

No Report

Membership [Adam Lewis/Carter DeMay]

New members (5) approved

Stephen Douty (B) – Tamarack CC
Matthew Ridings (C) – Fox Run GC
Matt Brimager (ET) – Ballwin GC
Ben Purk (C) – Ballwin GC
Cory Bunch (AF) – BASF

Membership Outreach and Ethics & By-Laws [Schaff/Finnerty/Stickford/Carlson]

No Report

BMP’s [Matt Czarnecki/Carter DeMay]

BMP’s for the Stare of Missouri completed in December of 2020. Invoice for completion of MO BMP’s is pending from Dr. Rachel Owens. Total bill for MV not to exceed $1,200. Carter will see about obtaining a digital copy of the BMP for addition to the MVGCSA website.

Discussed recent golf related State Bill information from the MO Golf Alliance c/o Scott Hovis. Carter said he is looking into this recent information passed on to MV and will stay on top of any important info or changes that need to be brought to the Boards attention. However, all Board members are encouraged to review any changes in State bill legislation that is distributed from Hovis’ office pertinent to golf course operations.

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

With Opener pushed back to April 26 suggested the 2021 ASP deadline be extended to April 1st. Board agreed. Encouraged Board to help promote the 2021 ASP campaign. Banner will be ready by April 26.

Website manager Tim Doll has expressed interest in going from hourly to salary to even out monthly income. Chuck reviewed past 4 years of Doll’s expense and determined a consistent range of $4,800 per year. It was proposed to offer Tim a monthly salary of $400 per month with possible yearend bonus. Board approved unanimously.

Chuck to send 2021 scholarship application notice to all members. Deadline May 31st!

Chuck working to secure Henry’s Pub for the Feb 9, 2022 Hospitality Night in San Diego.

Assistant Liaisons [Jeff Stickford/Austin Allen]

No report. Assistant’s to contact Don Humphrey to work out details of upcoming event at Lake St. Louis CC May 24.

Affiliate Liaisons [Rich Carlson/Eric Bickel]

No report

HISTORICAL COMMITTEE [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

75th Anniversary book is near completion. Jim Healey reviewed draft at opening of meeting. Board determined a hard cover option to be preferred over soft cover. High quality paper and printing will also be utilized for the final edition. Actual cost of this Anniversary book will be in the neighborhood of $50. Actual price to charge for this book has yet to be determined but will be enough to cover Healey’s fee and any other production expenses. Number of copies for initial print have yet to be determined but understand that the more books printed will result in lower cost per unit.

Club libraries, Pro Shops, past members and others outside MV membership will be contacted as potential buyers.

A check box will be added to MV’s annual dues invoice to allow ease of ordering for all members and also give the committee an idea of how many copies will need to be ordered. It was suggested that delivery of this publication to members may occur during the Green Cup celebration at St. Albans in October.

EQUIPMENT TECH LIAISON [James Arnold]

No report

OLD BUSINESS:

Chris Finnerty resurrected the idea of our commitment to charitable ventures. He suggested the PGA Outreach/Boys and Girls Club program affiliated with the Gateway PGA. Dave Pini will check with his Pro Brett Moomey, current Gateway PGA President, about possible involvement with the PGA Outreach Program as a possible ongoing community project for MV.

NEW BUSINESS:

Kick reviewed 2021 committee assignments and made changes where necessary at the direction of Khris Rickman. The list of 2021 Committee members are attached and also available on the MV website.

NEXT BOD MEETING – April 14, 2021 at Syberg’s Westport

MOTION TO ADJOURN          Motion by                Second by
Dave Pini                Carter DeMay