BMM – May 2017

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – May 10, 2017– Circa STL – Exler & Randant

Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Jim Buford

Kolby Armbruster

Dan Randant

Tim Roethler

Khris Rickman (A)

Rob Kick

Mike Smith (A)

Tim Doll – Website

Dave Pini

Justen Patterson

Tim Schwierjohn

Ron Exler

Chuck Gast – DO

  • ACTION ITEMS IN RED

Presidents Report [Mike Null]

Mike reported that Tim Schwierjohn wants to stay on the BOD. He has that option for the next 6 months as per bylaws. Mike will appoint a replacement within the next 6 months prior to the Annual Meeting.

Mike reported that Xi Xiong has completed her final report on the billbug study. This report will be published in the GCM. Mike suggested that the MVGCSA put the report on MV website after Xi checks with the GCSAA to be sure this is OK. Rob Kick will follow up to determine the possibility of posting this report on the MVGCSA website.

Approval of Minutes from April 12, 2017 Motion by Justen Patterson Second by Rob Schaff

Treasurer’s Report [Jim Buford]

Current balance with US Bank is $46,435.73

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [Tim Schwierjohn / Justen Patterson/ Dave Pini]

Sept 25th the Fall Classic will be held at Franklin Co. CC – Ed Wachter host.

August event at bowling alley! TBD

GIS Hospitality room booked at Iron Cactus in San Antonio!

Research [Rob Schaff / Rob Kick]

Schaff will soon have sample drink glasses for the tee prizes for the 2017 Green Cup. Glasses ordered from Nadine Harskamp. Kick has provided the Algonquin GC logo.

Discussion about MVGCSA scholarships. Agreed that scholarships are offered to undergrads only and not to graduate students with regards to Legacy scholarships. Graduate students applying for the Turf scholarship will be considered for a scholarship award.

Membership [Khris Rickman]

New applications:

  • Kyle Sherwood – Winfield United (AFF)

  • Chris French – Highlands Golf and Tennis (C)

Membership Outreach [Jim Buford]

No report

Ethics/Bylaws [Tim Roethler]

No report

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

MVGCSA annual dues invoices are in the mail.

Discussed Assistants spring event held at Old Warson CC. All went well with 48 in attendance. GreensPro, MTI and SiteOne sponsored this event. MV net for this event $1,115.55. Balance to be entered into Assistant’s event fund.

Discussed financial report. Have $4,100 in PayPal account waiting to be cleared for MV to deposit.

Reviewed current Affiliate Sponsor Program. Most all pledges have been submitted to MV. Final payment from SiteOne is all that remains. Slated for payment June 20, 2017.

Assistant Liaison’s [Mike Smith / Kolby Armbruster]

Assistant’s event at OWCC very successful. Achieved full field with number of entries. Weather great with venue even better. GREAT entertaining speaker at event! (this last comment from Kolby’s notes but I must concur)

Associate Liaison’s [Ron Exler / Dan Randant]

No report

OLD BUSINESS:

Mike Null contacted Tim Neilson, President of the HAGCSA and informed him of MV desire to end annual joint Hospitality Night at the GIS. Each Chapter will now hold their own separate Hospitality nights at future GIS.

NEW BUSINESS:

Discussion of this fiscal year’s BOD succession that will take place in November. Mike Null will review in Executive session to determine open positions and candidates to succeed.

NEXT BOD MEETING – Wednesday, June 14, 2017 – Host Tim Schwierjohn

MOTION TO ADJOURN Motion by Rob Kick Second by Tim Roethler