BMM – May 2019

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – May 7, 2019

 

 

Rob Schaff                                         Khris Rickman                                   Rob Kick

John Briggs                                        Dave Pini (A)                                     Justen Patterson (A)

Chris Finnerty                                               Nick Hittler (A)                                  Matt Czarnecki (A)

Doug Harskamp (A)                         Adam Lewis                                      Eric Parker

Mike Null                                          Tim Doll – Website (A)                   Chuck Gast – DO

Roethler (A)/Buford (A) – Hist       Carter DeMay – Ch Del (A)              Steve Wright – ET (A)

 

President’s Report   [Rob Schaff]

Rob welcomed Eric Parker to the Board

Rob thanked the numerous Affiliates that assisted fellow MVGCSA member Matt Czarnecki recover from a recent fire at his maintenance facility. Rob stated that an email would be generated and sent to all MVGCSA members when any MVGCSA member is in dire need of assistance in situations such as this.

Approval of Minutes from                              Motion by:                              Seconded by:

April 10, 2019                                                Rob Kick                                 John Briggs

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Rob Kick] 

Current balance reported at US Bank:  $62,383.05

Assistant’s and Opener in April showed profitable results.

Gateway Green has been paid (in full) money owed through the ASP 2019. Total $10,700

 

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education  [Justen Patterson/Chris Finnerty]

Carter DeMay filled in here and stated the schedule for 2020 is near complete.

SIGCSA/MVGCSA event is set and scheduled May 20that Sunset Hills CC in Edwardsville.

Chris Finnerty reported that all is in order for the Spring Classic at Bogey/Log Cabin. Carts will be brought in from M&M Golf Cars for $36.50 each. It was motioned by Null and 2ndby Kick to charge entry fee of $100 per player (MVGCSA member) $200 for non-member. Motion passed unanimously. MV to supply all food and drinks. Chris has an employee that will cook burgers and brats. 10 AM shotgun start. Format is 4 player team with 2 best balls recorded. 60 players max. Payout will be 1stand 2ndteams in 2 flights. Parking is limited so carpooling is suggested.

Research  [Dave Pini/Matt Czarnecki]

The BMP program was briefly discussed. HAGCSA is working on this program. Carter DeMay is our liaison. Schaff to talk with Carter. More to be discussed at the May BOD meeting.

Kick proposed to talk with Dr. Lee Miller about possibly engaging a graduate student to assist with this BMP completion.

Membership  [Khris Rickman/John Briggs]

(1) member application submitted – Mike Sprick (AFF) – Van Diest Supply

Membership Outreach  [John Briggs]

No report

Ethics/Bylaws  [Mike Null]

No report

Director of Operations  [Chuck Gast]

May/June – annual KIG request forms will be sent to member Supts/clubs.

Annual MVGCSA 2019-20 dues invoices are in the mail.

Encouraged Chapter Challenge sign-ups for May 20th. Kick, JB, Erik, Adam & Rob Schaff to assist with early AM set-up.

Platinum ASP signs are at the printer. Should be ready for the Spring Classic.

GCSAA/Rhett Evans to meet with Board in coming months to discuss PGA and other issues. Chuck to email GCSAA schedule of MV BOD meeting dates for possible joint meeting.

Mike Carron reported concern for decline in Gateway Green ad revenue. Situation to be monitored.

Assistant Liaisons  [Adam Lewis/Nick Hittler]

Adam gave thanks to Mike Null and his staff for a successful Assistant’s opening golf outing in April.

Affiliate Liaisons  [Doug Harskamp/Eric Parker]

No report

HISTORICAL COMMITTEE  [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

Possible St Alban’s for Green Cup 2020 during 75thanniversary. Increase participation to 36 holes? Celebrities?

EQUIPMENT TECH LIAISON  [Steve Wright]

Mike Null reported about recent ET meeting at Norwood. 25-30 attended. Erik Parker gave nice presentation about cut quality. Would like to see more ET’s involved. OWCC stated they would like to host an ET meeting.  

OLD BUSINESS: 

Discussion of non-member fees for future MVGCSA events. Kick motioned non-member fees should be 2X member fees for any MVGCSA event excluding the Green Cup and Chapter Challenge. JB 2ndand motion passed unanimously. This will be enacted for the 2020 season and become a permanent SOP. Future emails announcing upcoming events in 2020 will state this fee structure.

Also discussed, should sign-ups at an event exceed the max allowed at a venue, those signing up after roster is full will be added to the standby list.

NEW BUSINESS:

 

 

NEXT BOD MEETING – June 12th             Host– Khris Rickman          Venue– J Greene’s

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN          Motion by                                        Second by
Rob Kick                                           Mike Null