BMM – November 2014

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Nov 3, 2014
Fox & Hound

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford]  

Current balance reported:  $57,291.23 + $1400 paypal

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

Discussed upcoming restructuring of the association – more details later

KEY TOPICS:

Education [Rob Kick]

  • Shop Tour is Dec 15th at Sunset CC
    Agenda for the day passed around.  Approved for .5 education points by GCSAA
    Brenda will create a flyer and will email to members next week and will also have available at the annual meeting
    Need some invoices sent out for donations – Rob will provide the info to Brenda
                                     

Nominations   [Don Humphrey]

Director position (3 available):  Rob Kick, Tim Schwierjohn, Justen Patterson
Assistant position (1 available) – board voted at meeting and selected Jimmy Bucher from Norwood Hills CC.  Others running were Ryan Madden and Josh Dickman
Associate (1 available) – board voted at meeting and selected Ed Eschbacher.  Others running were Glen Keeven and Ron Exler

Keep it Green  [Rob Kick]

Decided to give half of KIG money to Xi and half to Lee, holding back approximately $3-4k

Monthly Meeting   [Tim Schwierjohn /Greg Parkinson]

Have tallied up the leaders in the new point system implemented this year to try to increase attendance.  Winner for top superintendent and top assistant will be drawn at the annual meetingfrom the top 5 in each group

Top Superintendents:  Tim Roethler, Mike Null, Tim Schwierjohn, Don Humphrey, Nick Kennon

Top Assistants:  Aaron Lorenz, Matt Finnerty, Adam Lewis, Jon Strautz, Ken Morgan

Opening event for 2015 is confirmed to be at Boone Valley GC on April 28th.  Tim will announce this at the Annual meting.  Need to discuss at future upcoming meeting how to price the Boone event.

GREEN Cup   [Rob Schaff]

Confirmed for 2015 to be at Fox Run GC.  June 29th confirmed as date

Scholarship/Research   [Mike Null]

  • Lee has a study proposal on irrigation
  • We are giving $5000 this year in scholarships
  • Xi has asked for $2500 for 2 years to do a billbug /zoysia study

Website   [Khris Rickman]

  • Nothing new to report

Membership/GCSAA   [Khris Rickman]

  • 1 new membership:  Michael Smith, C, Fox Run GC

Gateway Green   [Paul Hurst]

  • Nothing new

Assistant Liason   [Adam Lewis / Dan Lloyd]

  • Roundtable in October went well.  Had about 19 people attend.
  • Keeven sod farm visit will happen but bad timing right now.  Will look to do it next year.

Ethics  [Don Humphrey]

  • Nothing New

Member Outreach   [Jim Buford]

  • Flowers sent to Khris Rickman – FIL passed away

Associate Director   [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]

  • Nothing New

Executive Director   [Brenda Morelock]

  • Delinquent dues letters mailed.  Putting roster book together

OLD BUSINESS:  

       None

NEW BUSINESS:

Board Appreciation Party – Nov 21st – The Country Club bar – 8pm.  $580 budget.

Curt Rohe has mentioned that we can get live event scoring online since we are GHIN members.  Something to think about for future events.

Mechanics meeting is December 1st at Sunset.  Will get details from John Cunningham to mail to members.

MO Golf Summit is Nov 10th at Forest Hills.  Would like for more board member superintendents to attend as there are many others from the golf industry in the area.

Mike will mention the MOGIC conference in December at the Annual Meeting – may ask Tim Burch to speak about it

MOTION TO ADJOURN  
December Meeting – TBD (Jim Buford)