BMM – October 2014

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting Minutes

Oct. 2, 2014
Schlafly Bottleworks

Tim Roethler

Mike Null

Brenda Morelock

Greg Parkinson

Khris Rickman

Don Humphrey

Rich Carlson

Adam Lewis

Rob Kick

Jim Buford

Tim Schwierjohn

Ed Eschbacher

Dan Lloyd

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford]  

Current balance reported:  $56,968.23

We have received our Missouri Sales Tax Exemption for the next year and are also registered as a not for profit organization again

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

November board meeting will be 11/3

Annual Meeting will be 11/5 at Forest Park

KEY TOPICS:

Scholarships/Research [Mike Null]

Xi asked for $2500 for 2 years to do a study on bill bugs.  GCSAA will match the funds.  Board agreed to provide her this money.

Lee Miller may also have a study/$ request but we have not heard from him yet.

Scholarships:  4 Legacy and 3 Turf ($5000 total awarded)
Turf Scholarships:  Kyle Robertson (MU) – $1000
                                 John Schneider (MU) – $1000
                                 Austin Allen (Meramec) – $1000
Legacy Scholarships:  Luke Carron – $500
                                      Regan Kennon – $500
                                      Davis Roethler – $500
                                      Nicolas Hurst – $500

Education   [Rob Kick]

Will have schedule finalized in 2 weeks. Food is all taken care of.
Rob will send details to Brenda as soon as finalized.

Keep it Green  [Rob Kick]

Need to make a decision on how to use the $ made this year

Nominations  [Don Humphrey]

3 Director positions are available.  Tim S, Khris and Rob K.  Email will be sent asking for interested people to contact Don.  Will also send separate emails to Associates and Assistants to fill open spots on the board

Monthly Meeting   [Tim Schwierjohn /Greg Parkinson]

Events Confirmed:

10/20 – Crown Point – Annual Tournament (will send details to Brenda so email can go out and post on website.  Brenda will also send list of attendees from the opening event)

Opening event for 2015 is confirmed to be at Boone Valley GC on April 28th.  Tim will announce this at the Annual meting.

GREEN Cup   [Rob Schaff]

Confirmed for 2015 to be at Fox Run GC.  Available dates are 5/26, 6/29 or 10/19.  Board decided on 6/29 – Rob will verify w JB that this is OK

Website   [Khris Rickman]

Still working thru some email issues (Brenda and Llama)

Membership/GCSAA   [Khris Rickman]

2 new memberships:
Vincent Schrum – St Francis (paid)
Al Spradling – Ozark Ridge (comp from Ozark Assoc)

Discussed briefly the membership packages for associate members.  The board decided that we need to work out the details and plan to lauch this in 2016.  Need to ask associates for $ amounts donated in past few years to get more accurate numbers.  Will also get the 3 associate members who asked for this type of package deal together to ask their opinions

Education [Rob Kick]

Shop Tour set for Dec 15th (Monday) at Sunset CC
Food and Beverage sponsors are already taken care of
 – planning on doing a pig roast
FINalizing speakers – Mizzou, VA Tech, USGA, U Wisconsin

Gateway Green   [Paul Hurst]

Not present

Assistant Liason   [Adam Lewis / Dan Lloyd]

Still finalizing a fall event at Keeven Brothers

Planning another roundtable event for Oct 9th at HotShots on Manchester.  Adam will send Brenda details ASAP so email can be sent out.

Ethics  [Don Humphrey]

Nothing New

Member Outreach   [Jim Buford]

Nothing New

Associate Director   [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]

Nothing New

Executive Director   [Brenda Morelock]

Brought up issues with current association computer – outdated, can not be updated, etc.  Board approved budge of $800 to purchase a new laptop and MS Office software.  Brenda will research and purchase

OLD BUSINESS:  

      Don will attend the delegates meeting in KS in mid October.  Big topic will be the Mechanics Membership classification.

NEW BUSINESS:

Confirmed 2015 Green Cup will be held on June 29th at Fox Run GC

Will try for mid/late Nov or Dec for Board party

MOTION TO ADJOURN