BMM – October 2015


Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – October1, 2015 – Llywelyn’s – Lloyd/Bucher



Tim Roethler

Mike Null

Ed Eschbacher

Greg Parkinson (A)

Khris Rickman

Rob Schaff

Tim Schwierjohn

Rob Kick

Don Humphrey (A)

Rich Carlson

Jimmy Bucher (A)

Jim Buford

Dan Lloyd

Paul Hurst – GG (A)

Tim Doll – Website

Chuck Gast – DO




September minutes approved – Motion Rob Schaff – 2nd Rob Kick – Motion passed

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford]

Current balance reported: $53,755.58

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

Annual meeting Nov 11that Highlands Golf and Tennis. Need Service and Scholarship certificates. Effort to be made to decrease number of speakers and shorten speeches for those that do speak.


Monthly Events [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson]

CastleRidge event September 23, 2015 had 50 paid players. Profitable event as CasteRidge did not charge green nor cart fees. Ozzie Smith had positive impact on golfer turnout. Board voted to send (8) $25 gift cards to staff at CastleRidge.

Next event – MVGCSA Championship at Tapawingo – October 13. 9 AM shotgun. $50 entry fee. Sponsors are Erb Turf, GreensPro, Agro-Logics, Helena and VGM.

Keep it Green [Rob Kick]

No event for 2015 although 2014 was a good KIG year. Effort to NOT go to the well too often. Every other year seems best approach for now. Keying in on winter months for event date. Also exploring working with an outside event planner to assist with organizing event of this scale.

Education [Rob Kick]

Shop Tour 2015 agenda all set. Rob Kick will check with GCSAA for earnable credits.

Green Cup   [Rob Schaff]

Green Cup 2016 will be played at Greenbriar CC. Date TBD.

Scholarship/Research   [Mike Null]

Fertigation project with Xi Xong and Greg Parkinson is moving forward.

Scholarship recipients will be invited to Annual meeting by Chair Mike Null.

Website   [Tim Doll/Khris Rickman]

Website “tweaks” still continuing. Tracking “hits” to web and advertisers. To date 2015 over 24,000 hits to website compared to totals of 27,000 for 2014 and 19,000 for 2013. Advertisers hits: 80 GreensPro, 39 Syngenta and undetermined for EZ Go.

Membership/GCSAA   [Khris Rickman]

190 paid memberships to date. Approx. 23 unpaid.

Had (1) non-member play at last event (Fall Classic). Rob Kick to review wording of playing privileges as it relates to members and non-members. Mike Null to call Mr. Reisenberg and solicit membership for 2015.

Assistant Liaison   [Dan Lloyd / Jimmy Bucher]

One more Assistants roundtable proposed for this Fall. Possibly around October 20’ish.

Dan Lloyd to draft letter to Assistants reminding of their invitation to the Annual meeting, upcoming roundtable and the open position of Assistant Liaison for 2016-17.

Jim and Dan working on Assistants events for 2016 with possible tour of Busch Stadium with Bill Finley in the works for the spring.

Gateway Green   [Paul Hurst]

No report

Ethics/Bylaws [Don Humphrey]

No report

Member Outreach   [Jim Buford]

No report

Associate Director   [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]

Rich Carlson has offered to serve again as Associate Liaison buts encourages “new blood” should anyone else have a desire to serve.


Director of Operations   [Chuck Gast]

Reviewed profit/loss statement for September.

Xi Xong info of promotion and picture displayed on website. Thanks Lamma.

Reviewed Honorary membership list. Honorary members should be receiving the Gateway Green.

Dan Lloyd to draft letter explaining the Monkey survey results to be attached to the survey on the website.

Tee sponsor donation of $150 made to the Lobenstein Golf Tournament at UM.

Will check with GCSAA to ensure MVGCSA BOD’s receive credit for serving on board.


Bylaw updates were reviewed. Article 5 will NOT be amended. Other bylaw amendments will be voted on at Annual meeting in November.

Associate Directors will now be identified as Associate Liaisons similar to Assistant Liaisons.


Motion made by Khris Rickman: “Any attendee of a meeting or event who is not a member nor guest of a member of the MVGCSA must pay meeting/event entry fee plus appropriate member classification fee”. Second by Mike Null. Motion PASSED!

Mike Null motioned to extend Honorary membership to Roger Null. 2nd by Rob Schaff. Unanimous approval by BOD!

MOTION TO ADJOURN – Motion made by Rob Schaff, 2nd by Rob Kick – Passed

Next Meeting – Nov 5th, 2016. Location TBD