BMM – October 2017

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – October 11, 2017– Llywelyn’s – Dave Pini

Mike Null

Rob Schaff

Jim Buford

Kolby Armbruster

Dan Randant

Tim Roethler

Khris Rickman (A)

Rob Kick

Mike Smith

Tim Doll – Website (A)

Dave Pini

Justen Patterson

Tim Schwierjohn (A)

Ron Exler

Chuck Gast – DO

  • ACTION ITEMS IN RED

Presidents Report [Mike Null]

Mike thanked all present, for his tenure as President of the MVGCSA.

Approval of Minutes from Sept 13, 2017 Motion by Rob Schaff Second by Rob Kick

Treasurer’s Report [Jim Buford]

Current balance with US Bank is $63,336.56

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [Justen Patterson/ Dave Pini]

Total of 5 Speakers on the docket for Shop Tour Dec 4, 2017 at Boone Valley include:

Curt Rohe, Dan Earlywine, Lee Miller, Xi Xiong & John Daniels

Need to apply for CEU’s through the GCSAA for Shop Tour ‘17. (Patterson)

Chuck to print program for the Shop Tour.

Research [Rob Schaff / Rob Kick]

Rob Kick discussed commitments to Mizzou i.e. Xiong and Miller. Xi Xiong has expressed that MV pledge a 2 year, $5,000 per year, funding of an herbicide program to improve control of sedge and kylinga. Lee Miller has requested a similar 2 year funding geared towards equipment and/or support of the turf research farm in general. Board unanimously approved $5,000 each to Xi and Lee for the upcoming 2018 academic year, payable November 2017.

Membership [Khris Rickman]

No report

Membership Outreach [Jim Buford]

Chuck to send condolence card to Eric Parker and get well card to Don Burgess and Mark Moriarty.

Ethics/Bylaws [Tim Roethler]

No report

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Reviewed financial statement from August.

MVGCSA annual dues – achieved 200 paid members – approx.. $36,500 dues income

Reviewed MVGCSA Champ event summary that took place at Franklin County CC.

GIS Hospitality 2018 in San Antonio is all set at the Iron Cactus for Feb 7. Menu selections must be made at least 7 days in advance of this event.

Carlos Arraya has requested to announce, during the upcoming Green Cup, for volunteers for the 2018 PGA Champ. Board approved. John Deere to head up grounds crew volunteer tent during the event. MVGCSA to co-op with them.

Reviewed possible 2018 wall calendar thanking ASP platinum level sponsors from 2017. Chuck to modify and bring revised edition to Nov BOD meeting.

Discussed need to fill Chapter Delegate position as Don Humphrey has expressed desire to step down. Suggestion by Board to have Bill Maynard fill in. Rob Kick to ask Bill.

Discussed modifications to the ASP 2018 program offer to be sent later this fall prior to the 2018 season. Changes to include reduction of sponsorship fee of annual GIS Hospitality night. Chuck to present modified 2018 ASP offer at October meeting.

Reviewed upcoming BOD election ballot for Annual Meeting.

Assistant Liaison’s [Mike Smith / Kolby Armbruster]

Round table discussion on Sept 14 at Helen Fitzgerald’s saw 6 in attendance. Advanced Turf Solutions picked up a majority of the tab for those in attendance.

Affiliate Liaison’s [Ron Exler / Dan Randant]

No report

OLD BUSINESS:

Tim Roethler discussed new details in possible establishment of a Roger Null internship program that would be co-sponsored by MAGA and private donations. Further details coming.

Discussed upcoming Green Cup set for October 16 at Algonquin Golf Club.

  • Finalized Board volunteer assignments for the registration table. Volunteers to report by 8:30 AM.

  • Rich Carlson to assist with coordinating tee sponsor sign delivery and placement on the course.

  • Bayer all set with BBQ for lunch. AGC to handle food and drink at 19th hole.

  • Reviewed programs and table tents.

  • Nadine – Classic Images to bring display rack for clothing that will be offered thru the MV website.

NEW BUSINESS:

Tim Roethler and Jim Buford to begin preliminary work on gathering historical info of the MVGCSA for possible publication.

Discussed need to establish committee to formulate BMP’s for MO as directed by GCSAA.

NEXT BOD MEETING – Wednesday, November 1, 2017 – Host Khris Rickman

MOTION TO ADJOURN Motion by Justen Patterson Second by Dave Pini