BMM – October 2018

MVGCSA 

Board of Directors Meeting 

Minutes – Oct 31, 2018 

 

 

Rob Schaff Khris Rickman Rob Kick
John Briggs Dave Pini Justen Patterson
Chris Finnerty Mike Smith Matt Czarnecki
 Doug Harskamp Adam Lewis Ron Exler
Mike Null Tim Doll – Website Chuck Gast – DO
Roethler/Buford(A) – Hist Carter DeMay – Ch Del Steve Wright – ET (A)
Chris Wehmer – Guest

 

 

 

 

 

President’s Report   [Rob Schaff]

Rob gave Khris Rickman a shout out for a successful inaugural Roger Null Internship Fundraiser.

 

Approval of Minutes from  Oct 10, 2018                                 

Motion by:    Justen Patterson                           

Seconded by:   Mike Null

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Rob Kick] 

Current balance reported at US Bank:  $58,433.53  Scholarships for 2018 have been processed.

Future expenses include – Annual meeting, Mizzou donations and Shop Tour 2018.

Also, expense to Glen Echo for MV Champ has not been processed – approx. $1,700+

Rob spoke to Curt (MAGA) about double GHIN payments. Curt requested list of MV members possibly paying twice for annual GHIN dues.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education  [Justen Patterson/Chris Finnerty]

Justen working to finalize the event schedule for 2019. Waiting on Tim at St. Louis CC for Opener. Chapter Challenge 2019 will be hosted by SIGCSA. Boone Valley to host Roger Null Intern Fundraiser in 2019.

(3) event’s have already been scheduled for 2020. Thanks Justen!

Shop Tour 2018 will be at Fox Run Dec 17th with registration to begin at 7:00 AM. Justen has 5 speakers on the agenda. GCSAA education points request has been submitted for this Shop Tour.

MoGIC conference scheduled for Nov 28th is all set. Conference topics to include soil borne pathogens and goosegrass control.

Recent survey results have been good. Over 70 received.

 

Research  [Dave Pini/Matt Czarnecki]

Dave Pini reported that scholarship certificates are ready for presentation at the Annual Meeting.

Dave will be contacting Xi and Lee at Mizzou to inquire about their current funding needs. Commented that all annual KIG donations for 2018 be specifically utilized for Mizzou research grants. Board discussed that MV would then match all 2018 KIG donations and these combined funds would then be used for Mizzou grant purposes from the MVGCSA.

 

Membership  [Khris Rickman/John Briggs]

(3) new members presented to the Board for approval.

Andrew Kimball – B – CC of St. Albans
Colin Von Hare – (C) – Ruth Park
Pete Cristo – (IA) – Old Hickory

Khris reported that there will be no dues increase for the 2019 season. It was requested to check MVGCSA bylaws to see if a membership vote is required before an annual dues increase can be enacted by the Board. Mike Null to report prior to Sept 2019.

Rob Kick requested that a written SOP for MVGCSA be formulated in the near future. Items to include – review of membership dues structure vs. annual expense’s, GCSAA nomination procedures, etc.

Tim Doll to initiate work to convert website to an https/ for added security measures. This to be completed after Shop Tour 2018 when web activity subsides. Tim to discuss website at Shop Tour.

 

Membership Outreach  [John Briggs]

No report

 

Ethics/Bylaws  [Mike Null]

Mike to review bylaws relative to dues increase’s/member approval and report prior to Sept 2019.

 

Director of Operations  [Chuck Gast]

Finalized agenda for the 2018 Annual Meeting. Speakers are set. An effort will be made to keep committee reports to a minimum, time wise. Tim R and Don H will count the votes. Rob Kick to put together a power point slide show for use during committee presentations. Be sure to acknowledge new members in attendance.

Reviewed MV Championship event summary. Attendance of 32 with approx. $767 net gain.

Golf Summit scheduled for Nov 1st at Top Golf. Several Board members stated they would attend.

Reminder that MV is committed to a $5 donation per member to the Wee One Foundation. Check to be mailed in December.

Reviewed Gateway Green balance sheet as submitted by Mike Carron.

MVGCSA Christmas cards to be sent to all Affiliates will be ready for signing at the December Board meeting.

Equipment Managers meeting scheduled for Nov 5th.

 

Assistant Liaisons  [Mike Smith/Adam Lewis]

Requested Adam work with Rob Schaff to determine replacement on Board for Mike Smith.

 

Affiliate Liaisons  [Ron Exler/Doug Harskamp]

No report

 

HISTORICAL COMMITTEE  [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

Requested that Mike Carron, Paul Hurst, Chris Rapp, Tim Doll and Larry Torno be invited to attend the December end of year Board meeting.

 

EQUIPMENT TECH LIAISON  [Steve Wright]

No report

 

OLD BUSINESS:  

Tim Doll to discuss use of the forum on the website at Shop Tour 2018.

MVGCSA twitter handle is mvgcsa1

 

NEW BUSINESS:

Carter DeMay discussed involvement in upcoming GCSAA Chapter Delegate meeting. Topics of member recruitment and completion of nationwide BMP’s are the main issues at hand. Noted that GCSAA has goal of 20,000 members by 2020.

Missouri/MVGCSA BMP committee members include Carter DeMay, Matt Czarnecki and Chad Fetter.

 

NEXT BOD MEETING – December 12th      Host – Rob Kick       Venue – TBD

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN         

Motion by  Justen Patterson                                      

Second by  John Briggs