BMM – October 2019

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – October 9, 2019

 

Rob Schaff                                         Khris Rickman                                   Rob Kick

John Briggs                                        Dave Pini (A)                                     Justen Patterson (A)

Chris Finnerty                                    Nick Hittler (A)                                  Matt Czarnecki

Doug Harskamp (A)                         Adam Lewis (A)                                Eric Parker (A)

Mike Null (A)                                      Tim Doll – Website (A)                   Chuck Gast – DO

Roethler (A)/Buford (A) – Hist       Carter DeMay – Ch Del                    Steve Wright – ET (A)

 

President’s Report [Rob Schaff]

Khris Rickman – filling in for Rob Schaff

Thanks to Chris Finnerty for hosting Null event. Also, reported that approx. 15 from MV were present at the recent lake event MO Cup.

 

Approval of Minutes from                              Motion by:                              Seconded by:

September 11, 2019                         Chris Finnerty                             Rob Kick

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Rob Kick]

Current balance at US Bank: $82,553.93 as of 9/30/19

Review of Green Cup event log shows profit of approx. $16,111.80. Waiting on final bill from Meadowbrook.

Discussed possible Green Cup fee increase to include all golf options - i.e. mulligans, Bubba drive and (1) set of raffle and 50/50 tickets. Simplify registration with all-inclusive packet.

Rob to report about discussion of potential dues increase for 2020.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [Carter DeMay/Chris Finnerty]

Finalizing details for Shop Tour for Jan 2020.

Chris Finnerty reviewed event schedule for 2020:

Opener – Apr 27 – Boone Valley
Ass’t Spring – TBD – Lake St Louis or Algonquin
Spring – TBD – Westborough
MV/SI – TBD – Glenn Echo or St Peters GC
Co-Ed – TBD – TopGolf
Green Cup – Sept 8 or Oct 12 – CC of St Albans
Champ – Oct 19 – Winghaven
Annual Meeting – Nov 11 – Forest Park
Shop Tour – TBD – Old Warson

Ascensure at Norwood Sept 29, 2020

Green Cup 2021 – Old Warson CC

Research [Dave Pini/Matt Czarnecki]

Matt will contact Mizzou to discuss upcoming research projects. Matt will also invite Xi and Lee to Annual meeting in Nov when making phone call.

Membership [Khris Rickman/John Briggs]

(1) New member – Corey Harvey (C) - Forest Hills CC

Membership Outreach [John Briggs]

No report

Ethics/Bylaws [Mike Null]

No report

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Kick to discuss potential dues increase for 2020 at Annual meeting.

MV Champ all set for 10/21 - 10 AM shotgun. Request a couple volunteers to assist with setup.

 

Reviewed Green Cup event log. Net profit for MV approx.. $16,111.80

Chris Finnerty to check on GCSAA education points for the upcoming Shop Tour Jan 2020.

Assistant Liaisons [Adam Lewis/Nick Hittler]

No report

Affiliate Liaisons [Doug Harskamp/Eric Parker]

No report

HISTORICAL COMMITTEE [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

Need to get with Jim Healy about listing members v non-members in 75th Anniversary book.
Discussed possibility of emailing MV members to assist with gathering data and pics for entry into the Anniv book. Book possibly out by May 1st to allow viewing during the Anniv year.

EQUIPMENT TECH LIAISON [Steve Wright]

No report

OLD BUSINESS:

Carter DeMay stated that he would remain Chapter Delegate for 3 – 4 years. Does not desire an extended term. Thinks experience should be shared within the Association.

Matt Czar working on BMP’S with Brent Stevenson and Eddie Roach form Springfield. Should have most items in order soon. Matt will solicit help from Mizzou to complete this project that has a deadline at the end of 2020.

NEW BUSINESS:

Checking with Curt to see who has applied for the Roger Null scholarship for 2020.

Chuck to send 2019 Annual meeting agenda to Board as soon as it is ready. Slate of candidates for the Board to be emailed to all MV members no less than 15 days prior to Nov 12th as per bylaws.

NEXT BOD MEETING – November 6th               Host – John Briggs         Venue – J Greene’s

MOTION TO ADJOURN          Motion by                                        Second by
Carter DeMay                                             Matt Czarnecki