BMM – October 2021

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – October 6, 2021

 

Khris Rickman                         Rob Kick                                              Chris Finnerty

John Briggs (A)                                    Dave Pini                                             Jimmy Bucher

Austin Allen (A)                                   Jeff Stickford (A)                                  Carter DeMay

Rich Carlson                                        Adam Lewis                                         Eric Bickel

Rob Schaff                                           Tim Doll – Website (A)                        Chuck Gast – DO

Roethler/Buford – Hist

 

 

President’s Report   [Khris Rickman]

2021 Green Cup will be our major topic of discussion for this meeting.

 

 

Approval of Minutes from     9/15/21                      Motion by:                              Seconded by:

Chris Finnerty                         Rob Kick

 

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Chris Finnerty] 

Current balance reported at US Bank:  $112,503.87

Possible CD or Money Market for ’22. Tabled for now.

Dues and donations are a bit over projected budget figures. Healey paid. $1,500 Norwood Hospitality paid. Green Cup expenses will be paid out next month.

COMMITTEE REPORTS:

Education [John Briggs/Dave Pini/Jimmy Bucher]

Shop Tour will be held in January 10, 2022 at the St. Louis CC. Will need heaters at StL.

MoGIC is Dec 1st

JB looking for venue for spring classic event. Boone Valley is on for Opener 2022.

Discussion about whether or not MV has too many golf outings. Also discussed possibility of hosting a Par 3 event Championship.

Research [Rob Kick/Rich Carlson]

Major discussions on upcoming Green Cup October 25th at CC of St Albans.

Made assignments for Board member volunteers; check-in, raffle set-up, raffle tickets, 50/50, 75th book sign-up, tee prizes to all carts, rules sheet to all carts, food shuttle, hole-in-one witnesses, tee sponsor signs distribution, etc.

Final decisions on rules sheet.

Discussion of raffle prizes. Price for additional tickets.

Tee sponsor deadline Oct 8th. Need time to make additional signs.

Location of BBQ wagon. How to shuttle food to Tavern Creek course. Pini to bring hot box and cart. At least 2 volunteers needed here.

Volunteers signed up so far; Katelyn – BWI, Tracy – Forest Hills, Pini to bring one. Kick to bring a couple. Dr. Lee Miller and SePro Eldridge will also help volunteer. Will ask Nadine and Sheri.

PGA to help secure silent auction/raffle items.

Detailed info for entire Green Cup 2021 can be reviewed in paper file or laptop “Green Cup 2021”.

Membership [Adam Lewis/Carter DeMay]

No report

Membership Outreach and Ethics & By-Laws [Schaff/Finnerty/Stickford/Carlson]

No report

 

 

Director of Operations [Chuck Gast]

Nov 19, 2021 Annual meeting Probstein forest Park.

BMP invoice paid in full – $1,167

Assistant Liaisons [Jeff Stickford/Austin Allen]

No report

Affiliate Liaisons [Rich Carlson/Eric Bickel]

No report

HISTORICAL COMMITTEE [Jim Buford/Tim Roethler]

Books are in and at Old Warson. Healey to keep 7 as per contract.

EQUIPMENT TECH LIAISON [   ]

No report

OLD BUSINESS:

State Tech tour set for week of October 18th. Chris Finney Chair. Promote ET program and Null Internship while there. Attending will be Dave Pini, Jimmy Bucher, Khris Rickman and Chris.

Carter stated that he would not be able to attend GCSAA delegates meeting Oct 20-22. Carter will check to see if Don Humphrey can represent. Carter said it wasn’t critical if we didn’t make this meeting at this time.

Chuck to contact Chad Carpenter to set menu for Annual meeting in Nov.

NEW BUSINESS:

Khris Rickman discussed possibility of a site visit to Lafarge Sand Co. Educational topic. Tim Roethler suggested they make power point presentation at upcoming Shop Tour.

Tim Roethler discussed (3) Director nominations for election 2021. Adam Lewis, Kenny Morgan, Nick White. Dave Pini & Adam Lewis going off Board.

Exec Comm nominations; Pres – Rob Kick, VP – Chris Finnerty, Treas. – John Briggs.

NEXT BOD MEETING – November 3, 2021 at Syberg’s Westport

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN           Motion by                Second by
Carter DeMay           Dave Pini