BMM – September 2015

MVGCSA

Board of Directors Meeting

Minutes – September 16 – Fox and Hound – Carlson/Eschbacher

 

 

Tim Roethler Mike Null (A) Ed Eschbacher
Greg Parkinson Khris Rickman Rob Schaff (A)
Tim Schwierjohn Rob Kick Don Humphrey
Rich Carlson Jimmy Bucher Jim Buford
Dan Lloyd

Paul Hurst – GG (A)

Tim Doll – Website (A) Chuck Gast – DO
 

 

   

August minutes approved – Motion Rob Kick – 2nd Don Humphrey – Motion passed

 

Treasurer’s Report   [Jim Buford] 

Current balance reported:  $54,284.43

Presidents Notes [Tim Roethler]

Tim Gamma – Nominated to the TCIA National Board of Directors. Put info on website.

Xi Xong – Promoted to Associate Director at Mizzou. Granted tenure. Put info on website.

Mizzou turf students down in numbers – currently 7 students.

 

Request to gather hits on website to inform web sponsors Syngenta, GreensPro and EZ Go.

 

 

 

KEY TOPICS:

Monthly Events [Tim Schwierjohn / Greg Parkinson]

CastleRidge event set for September 23, 2015. Sponsors – Helena food, MTI drinks, Carts EZ Go, Par 3’s Agro-Logics. Shotgun at 9:00 AM. Ozzie Smith to attend with George Hobbs from EZ Go/Cushman. 28 registered so far.

Next event – MVGCSA Championship at Tapawingo – October 13. Currently looking for speaker. Sponsors so far, GreensPro. Need at least 1 more. Estimated cost $25 / player.

 

Keep it Green  [Rob Kick]

No report

 

Education  [Rob Kick]

Discussed membership survey. Used as key for speaker selection at Shop Tour 2015.

Shop Tour and MOJIC schedules mostly set with speakers. Out of town speakers include Bill Kreuser – Univ. of Nebraska and Bruce Branham – Univ. of Illinois.

 

Green Cup   [Rob Schaff]

Green Cup 2016 will be played at Greenbriar CC. Date TBD.

 

Scholarship/Research   [Mike Null]

Discussed MVGCSA scholarships – average total in previous years at $5,000. Suggested budget of $5,000 total for 2015. Motion Jim Buford and 2nd by Don Humphrey. Motion passed unanimous.           Committee – Rickman (Chair), Carlson, Schwierjohn to review current applicants and report back.

 

Website   [Tim Doll/Khris Rickman]

Rickman and Doll to review current Survey Monkey subscription and see about upgrading to improve performance and benefit to members. Add results to website. Request to post results of current survey on website.

Membership/GCSAA   [Khris Rickman]

Approval of 1 new member application – Mark Toennies from John Deere Landscapes.

 

Assistant Liaison   [Dan Lloyd / Jimmy Bucher]

Will attempt to schedule Assistants meeting for 2016 with Bill Finley at Busch Memorial Stadium.

Discussed potential site for the Assistants spring golf event 2016 at St. Albans or Persimmon Woods. Eschbacher to follow up.

Discussed that Lloyd or Bucher draft an email specifically to Assistants to attend annual meeting as well as ask for interest in filling future Assistant liaison positions on the Board.

 

Gateway Green   [Paul Hurst]

No report – working on Gateway Green – summer edition 2015.

Ethics/Bylaws  [Don Humphrey]

Delegate meeting end of October in KC. Will discuss new GCSAA classifications.

Discussed possibility of recruiting new Board member to serve as future delegate.

 

Member Outreach   [Jim Buford]

No report

 

Associate Director   [Rich Carlson/Ed Eschbacher]

Daryl Dean – St. Ann Supt has retired. New Supt John Rogers.

Courtney McKee of MPR has passed away.

Carlson asked that a Supt outline the membership benefits of the MVGCSA.

 

 

 

Director of Operations   [Chuck Gast]

Reviewed profit/loss statement for August.

Current membership at 188 paid. $5 / member to be submitted to the Wee One Foundation as previously approved. Approx 26 on unpaid list. GHIN dues at 60 members.

Thank you sent to host 9-hole Supt Chris Crocker. Sympathy card sent to Scott Reynolds.

Hospitality night in San Diego is all set for Feb 10, 2016 at the East Village Tavern in Gas Light District.

Discussed need for 3 Board members on Ethics Comm. as well as 3 on the Audit Comm.

Discussed need for slate of candidates for Board position(s) to then be sent to members prior to the Annual meeting Nov 10, 2015. Open Board positions include, 1 Director, 1 Assistant Liaison and 1 Associate Liaison.

Bylaw updates were discussed. Changes to bylaws to be presented at the Oct BOD meeting for approval to then allow presentation to membership at annual meeting for voting.

 

OLD BUSINESS: 

None

 

NEW BUSINESS:

DO – Gast to welcome new members at Annual meeting.

Scholarship Committee reported back to BOD before end of meeting. Chairman Rickman reported that the full slate of Scholarship candidates be accepted for various levels of Scholarship awards as follows: Turf – Michael Null, ISU $1,500, Michael Patterson, UM $1,000; Legacy – Luke Carron, Rockhurst $750, Davis Roethler, UM $1,000, Anne Carron, Rockhurst $750 Board accepted Scholarship award winners as presented. Presentations to be made at Annual meeting.

 

MOTION TO ADJOURN – Motion made by Rob Kick, 2nd by Tim Schwierjohn – Passed

  Next Meeting – October 1, 2016. Location TBD