The Golf Course Superintendent is responsible for the successful operation of the Golf Course Maintenance Department and Clubhouse Grounds Maintenance. A positive attitude and ability to be flexible regarding scheduling and troubleshooting is a must!
The Superintendent works closely with the General Manager to ensure customer satisfaction. This position needs to maximize the number of rounds of golf played by scheduling maintenance practices around Member play and outings to maximize efficiency.
- Provides agronomic direction to maintain the golf course at the highest quality possible at all times
- Follows company standards for the healthy growth of the golf course grasses, trees, wetlands, and other applicable plant materials
- Programs for turf/grass, material and chemical maintenance, and asset management are critical to the success of this role
- Prepares an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, expense controls and labor management
- Report any issues or concerns directly to the GM.
- Provides leadership and direction to team members.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for hiring, training and developing all staff
- Ensures staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- 3 – 5 years in Golf Course Maintenance management preferred
- Pesticide Applicators License required
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory requirements and record keeping as required by local, state and federal laws
- Team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests
Job application Instructions
Contact Dale David phone 618-233-8921 or via email email@example.com